Will the Storm have the option for the live television like some of the other Verizon models? With that big screen it would be nice.
    11-10-08 09:44 PM
    Yes, V CAST TV will be available after an OTA update, but it will not be available at launch.
    11-10-08 09:46 PM
    Thanks for that information. Was this posted somewhere?
    11-10-08 09:47 PM
    Yes, V CAST TV will be available after an OTA update, but it will not be available at launch.
    That information is incorrect, "engadget" said it would have vcast tv post launch but it will not. It does not have the internal parts to receive a mobile tv broadcast, nor does it have an antenna. I'm a huge vcast tv fan and was really hoping it would have this feature, so much so that I inquired with a Verizon data engineer... He confirmed unfortunately that it will not. Engadget needs to edit that article, it's confusing many people.
    11-10-08 10:22 PM
    That information is incorrect, "engadget" said it would have vcast tv post launch but it will not. It does not have the internal parts to receive a mobile tv broadcast, nor does it have an antenna. I'm a huge vcast tv fan and was really hoping it would have this feature, so much so that I inquired with a Verizon data engineer... He confirmed unfortunately that it will not. Engadget needs to edit that article, it's confusing many people.
    Ah, thanks for the disappointing correction. I was only repeating what I had read previously on these forums. Bummer.
    11-10-08 10:24 PM
    trust me notabun, I feel ya... Out of all the features available through VZW, VCast TV is my FAVORITE! When engadget reported it I almost busted a nut, then as I red conflicting information I finally confirmed with a fellow VZW employee... I was/am bummed. It will still be a great phone for us, just disappointed that it lacked the mobile tv. I'm glad they're taking the time to release it, I really want the software to be right and I believe it will be.
    11-10-08 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD