SLOW.

LOCKS UP.

SLOW.

DIFFICULT TO PULL UP CONTACT NAMES, NUMBERS AND DIAL A NUMBER.

SLOW.

CAMERA SLOWWW.

VIDEO SLOWWWW.

SOMETIMES, BLACKBERRY DOESN"T RECOGNIZE IT"S OWN VIDEO FORMAT!? ( ' unsupported file format ' .

MY FIRST and LAST BLACKBERRY.

THE OUTDATED PALM TREO'S NEVER CAUSED THIS MANY PROBLEMS!?
    05-26-09 06:05 PM
    Then upgrade to a leaked OS.
    05-26-09 06:06 PM
    Updating your OS to .148 will solve all of your problems, unless your problem is that you don't want to like the Storm. For me, no matter what you do to broccoli, I'll never like it. Maybe your just not a BB person. I would say that comparing the Storm to a Palm would be like comparing a rifle to a rock.

Before you give up on the phone, install the latest OS. If you still don't like it, trade it. You've got nothing to lose.

Grey
    05-26-09 06:31 PM
    Built quality - excellent
    OS Quality - needs work
    Battery Quality - what do you expect, its a mini PC (Average)

Overall the storm is a solid phone compared to some others, HTC for example, there slider hinge is weak.

I like the weight and duribility of the phone....I've dropped mine on cement and it only scuffed the so called crome...no dents.

What about you?
    05-27-09 10:10 PM
    Wahhhh.
    Upgrade your OS which resolves nearly all issues.
    05-27-09 10:31 PM
    Everything you mention has already been addressed countless times with solutions. The two most common are an OS upgrade and a battery pull from time to time.

Oh, I see, you would rather complain.
    05-27-09 10:50 PM
    i like my storm but im kinda upset storm 2 is already coming so soon..
    05-28-09 02:18 AM
    SLOW.

LOCKS UP.

SLOW.

SLOW.

CAMERA SLOWWW.

VIDEO SLOWWWW.

SOMETIMES, BLACKBERRY DOESN"T RECOGNIZE IT"S OWN VIDEO FORMAT!? ( ' unsupported file format ' .

Later troll, have a good time with your outdated Treo
    05-28-09 03:57 AM
    Maybe its just me and my dad's units but our build quality sucks!

I love the storm but when i first got it..within a few hours.. when i removed it from the OEM pouch, the damn END button almost popped out! i popped out halfway though and i spent the better part of the day trying to put it back in place.

My dads..took longer to break.. he took it out of his pouch and his Call button popped out. His was unrepairable i think. i had to use double sided tape on it.

other than that though..no complaints
    05-28-09 04:17 AM
    Hi there. I have just ordered an unlocked Vodafone storm to use on orange. Obviously I will want to keep up to date with the latest OS updates but I was wondering if updating will cause the device to become locked to the Vodafone network again?
    05-28-09 04:26 AM
    Maybe its just me and my dad's units but our build quality sucks!

I love the storm but when i first got it..within a few hours.. when i removed it from the OEM pouch, the damn END button almost popped out! i popped out halfway though and i spent the better part of the day trying to put it back in place.

My dads..took longer to break.. he took it out of his pouch and his Call button popped out. His was unrepairable i think. i had to use double sided tape on it.

other than that though..no complaints
    Verizon storms? Pouches? Mine didn't come with a pouch I was sad. All my other bberries have came with a nice little leather or fake leather standby pouch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 04:33 AM
    Good bye to you sir....
    05-28-09 05:12 AM
    Well I have been a Storm user for about a whole 5 days now. Although I haven't figured out how to use probably 80% of what it can do, from what I have figured out I would say I am very pleased with the performance. I probably didn't use the .75 OS long enough to really notice the difference with the .148. At this point I do have to "think" about what to do to get it to do "X" but beyond that I think think the phone is pretty darned good. And I am probably one of the few that actually likes Verizon.
    05-28-09 05:47 AM
    Maybe VZW should stop being a bunch of babies and release an offical OS upgrade already??? Yea i think so... I feel your pain bro, friggin redic. Not to sound ignorant and noobish but just had to rant real quick!
    05-28-09 09:21 AM
    Built quality - excellent
    OS Quality - needs work
    Battery Quality - what do you expect, its a mini PC (Average)

Overall the storm is a solid phone compared to some others, HTC for example, there slider hinge is weak.

I like the weight and duribility of the phone....I've dropped mine on cement and it only scuffed the so called crome...no dents.

What about you?
    So you've dropped yours on cold hard cement too? I thought mine would be ruined, but the phone was absolutely fine, and the only thing that got scuffed was my hard case. With a leaked OS, this phone is great. Of course opinions vary, but for me, it truly is great.
    05-28-09 09:27 AM
    Maybe VZW should stop being a bunch of babies and release an offical OS upgrade already??? Yea i think so... I feel your pain bro, friggin redic. Not to sound ignorant and noobish but just had to rant real quick!
    They haven't found one without service impacting bugs to release. I would rather wait for an OS that isn't going to give me bugs that I don't have now. And Verizon certainly isn't going to release an OS that will impact their services in any way.
    05-28-09 09:28 AM
    Moved to Rants & Raves! Watch it with the personal attacks folks! I could have deleted a post or two. Remember we are all entitled to our opinions good AND bad!
    05-28-09 09:36 AM
    What is my OS and how do I update it?? I must be Blackberry dumb...
    05-28-09 03:04 PM
    Operating system. Its like windows 95 and windows ME. Except not

05-28-09 03:13 PM
    What is my OS and how do I update it?? I must be Blackberry dumb...
    Go to Options> About. It will state it on the 3rd line. Since you are on Verizon you will be on .75. If you are asking this question perhaps you should not be attempting to do anything.
    05-28-09 03:49 PM
    SLOW.

LOCKS UP.

SLOW.

SLOW.

CAMERA SLOWWW.

VIDEO SLOWWWW.

This is the Storm experience, you can:
    -pretend that it is actually fast and not buggy
    -pretend that other devices are just as bad
    -get rid of it
    -or if you are stuck with the device, deal with it
    05-28-09 04:02 PM
    This is the Storm experience, you can:
    -pretend that it is actually fast and not buggy
    -pretend that other devices are just as bad
    -get rid of it
    -or if you are stuck with the device, deal with it
    You forgot one:

Hang around on storm message boards all day whining about a phone
    05-28-09 04:06 PM
    You forgot one:

Hang around on storm message boards all day whining about a phone

If we can stop an unsuspecting potential buyer from making a big mistake, or get one who has been duped to return the Storm before the 30 day period it's worth it.

Why do you come here every day?
    05-28-09 08:46 PM
    I felt as unhappy and cheated as many here have expressed. I have dust under my glass, and I hated the OS..intensely.

I've since installed several leaks which gradually improved the user experience. Using .148 has solved pretty much all my issues. I can now live with the phone, at least until some other better phone appears or LTE phones arrive. Storm 2...maybe.

05-28-09 09:04 PM
    If we can stop an unsuspecting potential buyer from making a big mistake, or get one who has been duped to return the Storm before the 30 day period it's worth it.

Why do you come here every day?
    Because i get bored at work and I think it's ridiculous that the storm is getting such a bad rap over many issues that plague other phones and devices. People act like they've been wronged because they bought a phone. They make claims like false advertising when the ads CLEARLY say "screen images simulated"

People cry about a class action lawsuit even though the VAST majority of storm owners have no problems with the device. People NEVER want to take responsibility for their actions, and think that it might just be how they are operating their phone.

There ARE issues with the storm. No hardware is perfect and the software was definitely released prematurely. It could have been better.

So could any other device. Head on over to an iphone forum and see what kinds of problems people are having... sounds awfully familiar to me

"screen problems" "random reboots" "app store problems" "cant get this app to work"

With large userbases there will ALWAYS be people who dont have any idea what they're doing (look how many threads there are about people asking how to enable wifi on the storm) or bought the product expecting the wrong thing. That's unfortunate, but that doesnt mean that the product should be panned. Does not mean the product is junk (or jank ). Does not mean people should avoid it.

I have nothing against you "warning" other people of your experience, that they might not have to suffer the same. But when people come in here shouting from the rooftops that they hated their storm so much, they'd rather spend their day telling the rest of us why we cannot and should not be enjoying our phone, I feel compelled to offer MY point of view as I have had very few problems at all with this phone.

There are 2 sides to the coin. Experience is everything. Whenever someone is on the fence about the storm, I encourage them to try it as long as there is the opportunity to RETURN it if they do not like it. I know this phone really isn't for everyone. It has divided the masses of both BB users and touch screen phone enthusiasts.

I want people to know that this (crackberry) is not an accurate sample group by which to judge the problems the storm may be having, and that there are MANY of us who are thrilled with this phone. That's why im here

also to laugh. this place brings the lulz in no short supply
    05-29-09 09:44 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD