Anybody have any expierence with any good cases for their device? I'm curious about the InvisaShield and the Otterbox. Or anything else you have had success with.
    Thanks in advance.
    02-16-09 01:52 PM
    Only realised today but mine came with a screen protector already stuck on! I was getting worried that I was getting a lot of scratches all over the screen but it turns out that I am only scratching the protective film! I have a silicon cover around the rest of the device - cost about �4.
    02-16-09 02:06 PM
    The screen protector that comes with the Storm is useless. It scratches very easily and soon you cannot hardly see your screen. I got a Phantom Skinz full body kit installed at the mall near my house. I have ZERO complaints with this product and I have even compared it to InvisiShield. The only main differences I found between these two products were:

1) the disgusting "orange peel" texture on the invisishield.
    2) the Phantom Skinz design covers the chrome corners of the phone where the IS does not.

No matter which company you choose, I would highly reccommend a clear protective film like this which covers the Full Body.

Also, these types of protective films will not scratch like the one that came on the storm and they wont come off unless you take them off
    02-16-09 04:51 PM
    I am very impressed with the Seidio line of products. I bought the Innocase II and holster (actually 2, 1 for my wife). My main concern was the ability to slide the Storm in and out of my jeans pocket without adding too much size and heft but still retain a protective benefit. It is a bit more expensive than other cases but you would probably spend more "trying out" several other less expensive cases trying to find something that does what this one does. The holster is a perfect match and avails you of the ability to put your phone into sleep mode to conserve battery. While not an exclusive to this holster, I found it wiser to just get what was made for it rather than try to find a cheaper alternative that is passable. If you go to Amazon, the prices are a little cheaper than directly through their website. Also, search "innocase" and you'll get several reviews with pictures and I think video.

In addition, I also purchased their screen protectors and again, very pleased. I have read many mixed reviews regarding thin film protectors like the Zagg line, etc. Could not get a clear good "feel" from the reviews to invest in it but the Seidio product reviews are generally very positive and I highly recommend them, as is obvious.

FWIW, I don't have any affiliation with Seidio, other than owning and using their products.
    02-16-09 04:55 PM
    If you have a curve use the sleeve that came with it, Thats what im using.
    Last edited by MartyMcfly; 02-16-09 at 06:21 PM.
    02-16-09 06:19 PM
    I have the otterbox case. I think it's an awesome case. It's perfect for me because now i can take it to work and not worry about getting dust on my baby. Everyone i show it to says the phone looks cooler with the case. I think if batman had a phone it would look like this(with the otterbox case). lol I have it set up with the yellow Batman logo as my wallpaper and it looks bad a$$! Hahahaha
    02-16-09 06:25 PM
    I am sticking with the silicone cover since I need to pull the battery about 3 times a week. I WANT a snap on cover, but it would fail after a few take apart,s for the battery pull.
    02-16-09 06:45 PM
    Rider, try the free app Quickpull. I had that same concern, but since this app was installed I have not physically pulled the battery once. Its here on CB in the free software section.
    02-16-09 06:51 PM
    I use the silicone skin, I'm not totally sure how much protection it will provide against drops though.

Thinking of probably picking up the innocase II
    02-16-09 06:54 PM
    I haven't taken it out to do a battery pull ever since I installed .103 and that was like 5 days ago or something. And I play with this phone all day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 08:25 PM
    I can't wait to get my innocase II. I ordered Friday and since today is a holiday it will be like thursday before I get it. The wait is killing me.

02-16-09 08:50 PM
    I was thinking about getting the innocase ll also but after seeing more pictures of it I'm not so sure. Being that the whole front top is exposed unlike the innocase l where it is covered, what's the benefit of this case over other cases with the same or more top coverage for way cheaper? For example the OEM silicone case has nearly the same coverage for a third of the price.

02-16-09 09:35 PM
    I'm using a hard snap on clear green case with holster sold at my lo al vzw store..I'm considering an otter box

02-16-09 10:06 PM
    oh wow are you serious? i just got my storm 2 days ago and i got the clear green snap on case. i like it a lot. i kept the stickers that came on and just put the case on. but when i started seeing these scratch things i at first thought i scratch the screen until i noticed the film. i took that off thinking it was just one of those protectors that comes on the phone but usually i end up taking them off cause they bubble. i took it off and tried putting one of those screen protectors that i bought and that didnt work so i just put that one that came with it back on and theres a few bubbles but i just didnt really care cause im just going to go to verizon so they could put a real screen protector that i bought on. so is this clear film supposed to stay on or is it just one of those tape things that come on all new phones?
    02-16-09 10:13 PM
    I only got the otterbox case because i work in construction and this was the best case for my job. It's pretty big but it feels like a man's phone. I use the Seidio Innocase Hybrid looking case i found in a telus store for when i dont take the phone to work. But i like how it looks with the otterbox case tho.
    02-17-09 12:54 AM
    Bodyguardz and seidio springclip here!

02-17-09 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD