The phone has been off of the charger all day yesterday and all of lastnight. And today it died. Well I have it on the charger now and I can't make calls, send texts etc. It says that the service is "off" in the right hand corner of the phone.
    Anyone know what to do? Is this happening because the phone needs to be charged up more? It doesn't make sense. HELP!
    02-26-09 11:46 PM
    Manage Connections > turn on Mobile Network
    02-26-09 11:54 PM
    It says that it is on. When I go into Status, it says Signal:Radio Off. Do you think that this would have something to do with running the battery down too low?
    02-26-09 11:58 PM
    A BlackBerry will shut the radio off when the battery goes too low because it can't broadcast - think of it as forced airplane mode - so you can still play a game, check your calendar real quick, get a contact and call on a landline, etc. Of course the phone's batter has to die eventually, so when you charge and turn the device back on, the radio is still off. As said above, go to manage connections and check the radio back off - again useful for "airplane mode"
    02-27-09 12:04 AM
    yes, when you run out the battery low enough it automatically shuts off the network.

the network will start working again once the battery charges a little bit and is out of the red but you still have to go to manage connections and turn back on the network
    02-27-09 12:04 AM
    Ah! Thank you guys! This is my first time posting on here and I just wanted to say thank you!
    I am using the forums from now on if I have a problem!
    02-27-09 12:09 AM
    yes, when you run out the battery low enough it automatically shuts off the network.

the network will start working again once the battery charges a little bit and is out of the red but you still have to go to manage connections and turn back on the network
    hmmmm mine comes back by itself when there is enough charge
    02-27-09 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD