I found out that you can synk your songs from ITunes.... not all of them however.

Does anyone know if you can add your podcasts to your playlist on Storm?

If you do know... please let me know. I hope its something easy also... so far as I'm sure you all know its as easy plug n go with IPhone.

This could really be a deal breaker for me... I d/l ton of podcasts and I listen them a lot. And I really wanted to have ALL IN ONE unit.

Thanks!!!
    11-19-08 06:09 PM
    I found out that you can synk your songs from ITunes.... not all of them however.

If you do know... please let me know. I hope its something easy also... so far as I'm sure you all know its as easy plug n go with IPhone.

This could really be a deal breaker for me... I d/l ton of podcasts and I listen them a lot. And I really wanted to have ALL IN ONE unit.

Thanks!!!
    you can d/l them straight to your storm with opera mini and viigo is releasing a podcast module, looks like they've loosened some of the streaming restrictions for the native browser also...
    11-19-08 06:14 PM

Thanks!!!
    There should be no reason you couldn't. Podcasts aren't protected files. It might not be as convenient as itunes and ipods. Worst case scenario you would have to transfer your podcast to a seperate playlist after downloading them.
    11-19-08 06:14 PM
    How can you transfer songs from Itunes to BlackBerry?
    11-19-08 06:37 PM
    I didnt see podcast files as being one supported.

* Video format support: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV
    * Audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus

Podcasts are MPEG-4 Audio File

I was under impression Storm synk player will be something like WMP...

WMP doesn't support Podcast Files. You can play MP3's but not Podcasts.

If I'm confused on this... clear this up for me!?!?!?

Thanks!!!
    11-19-08 06:48 PM
    How can you transfer songs from Itunes to BlackBerry?
    to Storm YES... BUT not all!!! You can only transfer MP3 Files. You CAN'T transfer song you bought from ITunes Store.
    11-19-08 06:49 PM
    you can d/l them straight to your storm with opera mini and viigo is releasing a podcast module, looks like they've loosened some of the streaming restrictions for the native browser also...

d/l straight to your Storm?!?!?!?!? WHAAAAAAAAT????

is opera mini some kind of an app? does it come with already build in software?

and what is Viigo?

This is some great stuff... please let me know!

Thanks!!!
    11-19-08 06:53 PM
    to Storm YES... BUT not all!!! You can only transfer MP3 Files. You CAN'T transfer song you bought from ITunes Store.
    unless you convert them from the itunes format to mp3
    11-19-08 06:55 PM
    unless you convert them from the itunes format to mp3

here is what I was talking about...

w w w.geardiary.com/2008/10/06/blackberry-storm-will-sync-itunes-wont-play-music-purchased-with-drm-from-apple/

There are ways to remove DRM but its a pain in arsh!!! I don't even wanna research further.
    11-19-08 07:02 PM
    d/l straight to your Storm?!?!?!?!? WHAAAAAAAAT????

is opera mini some kind of an app? does it come with already build in software?

and what is Viigo?

This is some great stuff... please let me know!

Thanks!!!
    This is an rss reader that will soon have a podcast module..Viigo

This is an alternate browser that will d/l directly to your storm media card..Opera Mini.. both have over the air download links to load dl straight to your storm and both are free, the storm browser will probably also support downloading podcasts, and I have personally d/l'd some podcasts with opera to my pearl that played fine..
    11-19-08 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD