For the picture viewer in the media thing that comes with the storm would pictures load quicker if i optimized there size for the storms screen? My pictures are huge taken with an 8 mega pixel camera and take a bit to load even with the lates storm update, and i wanted to know if i downsized them a little would it work any smoother or faster. The biggest lag is if i rotate the screen for longways picture to fill the screen they take forever to rotate.

if so whats a quick and easy way to resize a lot of pictures?
    06-01-09 12:46 AM
    I'm not 100 percent sure but my guess would be most likely. 8mp is a heck of a lot of data to load. For resizing you could use Photoshop or the freeware equivalent Gimp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 03:48 AM
    so does anyone know a good size for the photos to be on the storm for optimal viewign and speed?
    06-02-09 10:04 PM
    yes. having a bigger mp picture takes longer to load and when viewing on phone, it makes the phone lagg since it uses up alot of memory to view it.
    06-03-09 04:12 AM
    so does anyone know a good size for the photos to be on the storm for optimal viewign and speed?

try 640x480...its an ok size, looks good on computer and on phone.
    06-03-09 04:13 AM
    To resize I would suggest irfanview it is free and it is awesome for resizing and other cool things.
    06-03-09 04:31 AM
    Another good image resizer is found in the XPpowertoys site, simply called Image Resizer:

PowerToys Site

Used it for years when I was on Windows, no problems at all.
    06-03-09 08:58 AM
    +1 on irfanview, I have been using it for years. Great if you do not need a lot of the photoshop type things but just something basic.
    06-03-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD