05-14-09 07:54 PM
48 12
tools
    i am not unhappy with my storm...but if it is slow or quirky i do not allow it to make me insane the way that other posters have written about. i just wish that everyone would just step back, take a breath and realize the power we have in the palm of our hands.
    Totally agree. Especially with the part in bold.
    05-14-09 09:20 AM
    As a former Treo user, I would was thinking about getting one for personal use. That is until I saw the specs and the cheap design.
    amen sir

hahahah but if not for whiny kids like OP my work day would be so boring!
    05-14-09 09:21 AM
    Do we all remember these???? Cell phones have come a long way; sure the Storm isn't perfect but it sure as **** can do more than this thing... lmao!
    Is the black area above the keys the touchscreen?
    05-14-09 09:25 AM
    Or these.... ?
    05-14-09 09:29 AM
    Is the black area above the keys the touchscreen?
    LMAO...
    05-14-09 09:35 AM
    I think its pathetic that Verizon and Rim pushed the Storm as a cutting edge phone, released it with a buggy OS and now all its early adopters are scrambling to patch together their own hybrid OS's just to try to make it into some semblance of what it should have been on the day it was released.

There is no hope that the Storm will ever have advanced NEW features. For NEW features they'll expect you suckers to buy a Storm 2!

Thankfully the Palm Pre will be here next month. and without a doubt the PRE will be the cutting edge. The Storm is the trailing edge of mediocrity.
    you have to keep in mind that the storm is at least one year old so for sure the palm pre will be way better no doubt...

and yes the storm was a mistake from rim it will be their problem to get back the costumer with the storm 2
    05-14-09 09:42 AM
    What's a Storm?

Ohhh yeah, that's right....that's that thing that sits next to my Bold and my 8900 that I never use. I mistook it for a paper weight
    Ouch! I felt that.
    05-14-09 09:46 AM
    Totally agree. Especially with the part in bold.

LadyBug1383, besides all this talk about the storm being a paper weight. I think you're beautiful. get at me PIN 304E45F4

But for real tho, i remember the big old green faced nokia. man that was the phone of the century. nobody cared about anything except having one.

But my man earlier said it best. its a smartphone. Its the year 2009. we should be able to do almost everything with these new devices by now. I'm still waiting to program my garage door to open with voice command. Or even, show a hologram image of the person you are talking to when sitting the phone on your table... like that is a smart phone... We have a long way to go when it comes to our wants and needs for desired technology.

05-14-09 10:54 AM
    amen sir

hahahah but if not for whiny kids like OP my work day would be so boring!
    Yeah seriously. The features of the Pre look good, but why in gawds name would they make the device a slider knock-off??!! I held one at the Sprint show about 2 months ago. It looks cheap, feels even cheaper and I could see the keyboard/slider do-hicky getting broke. The reason I loved my Treo, was it's construction. It was like a Timex. I dropped that phone more times than I could count and it still worked. I am a pocket guy, love my Storm, I just have to be careful with it. I have recently went to a holster, don't like it-but at least it's protected. I of all users should have the dust issue big time considering the places I go on a day to day basis. Construction sites, hazmat scenes, fires etc. No dust. Guess I am lucky.
    05-14-09 10:55 AM
    I think its pathetic that Verizon and Rim pushed the Storm as a cutting edge phone, released it with a buggy OS and now all its early adopters are scrambling to patch together their own hybrid OS's just to try to make it into some semblance of what it should have been on the day it was released.
    Guess what? When I had an XV6700 which Verizon only offered with WinMo 5, I used PPCKitchen to burn custom ROM images to put WinMo 6 on it and customize it to my liking. Prior to that I had a series of phones which were BREW based and I still have BitPim on my system from doing tons of changes to them. If I had an iPhone (not that I want one, I'm a Mac user and I spent a week with the Jesus phone and don't like it as much as the Storm) it would be jailbroken and I'd be screwing with it. Some of us actually ENJOY what we're doing...it's a pity that some do not.

Every single device I've ever owned presented me with a series of trade-offs, right now the Storm fits my needs better than anything I've tried. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) but just because YOU don't care for it and the tiny subset of users you have contact with don't like it doesn't make it a complete flop.

Have RIM and Verizon dropped the ball a bit? Absolutely. Even if they hadn't, I'd still be downloading software and leaks and twiddling with my phone...it's like a disease with me! In fact, every phone I've ever owned was purchased because I knew in advance that there was a healthy community dedicated to modding them.

All in all...I've never missed a call, I've never had any messaging issues, the videos and photos I've loaded my card with look and sound awesome and the Storm is no more frustrating than any other phone I've ever used. Personally, most phone OSes I've ever used felt like they were created by dyslexic monkeys on crack (ALL of my BREW phones and, well, there should be a special section in h3ll for the design and quality control departments responsible for Windows Mobile)...the Storm OS, while it may have it's issues, is fairly intuitive and works for me. Like I said, YMMV. I don't expect a first generation phone to be problem free, I just think Verizon and RIM should have done a more limited release with the initial Storm and then pushed the revamped version. They're seriously pimping it right now and it could bite them in the tush.

Thankfully the Palm Pre will be here next month. and without a doubt the PRE will be the cutting edge. The Storm is the trailing edge of mediocrity.
    Six months after the Pre is out there will be forums in which you could practically delete the word "Storm" from every rant and rave here and post it there with "Pre" in it's place. We'll NEVER be satisfied, it's not in our nature!
    05-14-09 11:43 AM
    I just noticed this comment when RevGreg highlighted it.

Cutting edge??!! Are you serious? Pretty much anything that shows up in the western world is trailing edge technology. If you want cutting edge, go to the Asian countries. Have you visited their manufacturers' websites lately? Pure eye candy right there!

They have phones that have bar code scanners that you can use to buy things out of magazines and have it shipped to your home address and billed to a credit card or to your phone bill.

They have phones wireless credit card functionality built in, something we're just starting to tinker with. Want a soda or food from a machine? Just punch in your pin from your phone.

And those are just two of major advances I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure you can search up plenty more.

****, I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now, when the Pre is getting out of its shakedown, the Asian manufacturers announce that they've got hologram projection working.

Pre cutting edge? Only in the western hemisphere it might be.
    05-14-09 02:17 PM
    You should all just switch to the Bold and know what true Crackberry Bliss is (or wait for the Tour).
    05-14-09 03:16 PM
    Passe, means that something, the Storm, is past its prime and or out of date. The device was never primed for owners, so please watch your use of the language, especially when it is not English. What you should have said is that the Storm is an incomplete, ill-designed, flawed phone. Got Dust?
    05-14-09 04:04 PM
    Passe, means that something, the Storm, is past its prime and or out of date. The device was never primed for owners, so please watch your use of the language, especially when it is not English. What you should have said is that the Storm is an incomplete, ill-designed, flawed phone. Got Dust?
    Funny stuff. Yea i had a storm but now i have a curve. you can do so much more in 5 min with the curve than the storm. I can write a pretty long email, listen to pandora, search the web with out the phone rebooting amazing. I mean i used to brain washed and a fanboy and thinking the storm was great. Now i realize how much work i didnt get done when i had the storm. REBOOT REBOOT REBOOT LOL
    05-14-09 06:14 PM
    I am always the last with every storm thread because people know that i am right. the fanboys cant say nothing
    05-14-09 06:49 PM
    Funny stuff. Yea i had a storm but now i have a curve. you can do so much more in 5 min with the curve than the storm. I can write a pretty long email, listen to pandora, search the web with out the phone rebooting amazing. I mean i used to brain washed and a fanboy and thinking the storm was great. Now i realize how much work i didnt get done when i had the storm. REBOOT REBOOT REBOOT LOL
    WOA slow down vanessa!!! You can do ALL that?!?! AND you have time to come back here to cry about a phone?

You sir are a true inspiration
    05-14-09 06:52 PM
    I am always the last with every storm thread because people know that i am right. the fanboys cant say nothing
    oh wow...this keeps not getting not better by the second
    05-14-09 06:53 PM
    come on in your heart you know you cant use the storm in a business setting. I mean the storm was fun with some wine and next to a fire. But for emailing things you have to for work it's not stable. I have to fly thru 200 emails aday and curve gets it done. with the storm i maybe got 50 done with all the reboots
    05-14-09 06:58 PM
    come on in your heart you know you cant use the storm in a business setting. I mean the storm was fun with some wine and next to a fire. But for emailing things you have to for work it's not stable. I have to fly thru 200 emails aday and curve gets it done. with the storm i maybe got 50 done with all the reboots
    rough times i guess... i've had maybe 3 reboots since I got the phone early march so I can't say I can relate.

but that is unfortunate for ya duder, maybe it was something you installed?

I couldn't handle the other bbs i've tried (curve and pearl flip) but everyone's lookin for somethin different in a phone
    05-14-09 07:03 PM
    yea its to bad i really wanted to like the storm. I am really in to computers and stuff. I always have to get the newest, never had a prob until the storm. Now i am alot more careful. You only have had it since march though my first problems started a few months in. I went through 5 of them. I got to say 2 of them came DOA.
    05-14-09 07:08 PM
    Yeah i keep my blackberries clean to. i dont install anything on to them. Except bolt and pandora
    05-14-09 07:10 PM
    that's a rough ride dude
    05-14-09 07:22 PM
    I know a few people who have them and never complain. I don't know what people complain about. Every new phone model has its quirks, maybe this one had it at the start but it seems to be worked out now. I'm still planning to get one because this 8330 is too small for my hands. This is the only option on Telus besides a Pearl.
    05-14-09 07:54 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD