05-14-09 07:54 PM
48 12
tools
    I think its pathetic that Verizon and Rim pushed the Storm as a cutting edge phone, released it with a buggy OS and now all its early adopters are scrambling to patch together their own hybrid OS's just to try to make it into some semblance of what it should have been on the day it was released.

There is no hope that the Storm will ever have advanced NEW features. For NEW features they'll expect you suckers to buy a Storm 2!

Thankfully the Palm Pre will be here next month. and without a doubt the PRE will be the cutting edge. The Storm is the trailing edge of mediocrity.
    05-13-09 11:06 PM
    What's a Storm?

Ohhh yeah, that's right....that's that thing that sits next to my Bold and my 8900 that I never use. I mistook it for a paper weight
    05-13-09 11:09 PM
    What's a Storm?

Ohhh yeah, that's right....that's that thing that sits next to my Bold and my 8900 that I never use. I mistook it for a paper weight
    No, no, no....that's not a Storm. A Storm is the thing I use to conduct business, check email, call my lovely wife, text my Mom, messenger my daughter, take pics of beautiful scenery, video my little boy hitting his golf ball, and listen to my tunes (see avatar).

Oh yea, and post comments in this forum sittin on the pot

Now THAT'S a Storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 11:16 PM
    Lmao! Nothing like owning some other BBs that actually work to show you how the Storm sucks when compared to them
    What's a Storm?

05-13-09 11:18 PM
    No, no, no....that's not a Storm. A Storm is the thing I use to conduct business, check email, call my lovely wife, text my Mom, messenger my daughter, take pics of beautiful scenery, video my little boy hitting his golf ball, and listen to my tunes (see avatar).

Oh yea, and post comments in this forum sittin on the pot

Now THAT'S a Storm

Bravo friend... Bravo...

My only grip = I miss physical keys

05-13-09 11:19 PM
    The Storm is the thing I use every day to check for an official OS upgrade from Verizon.

My TREO 700p is the thing I use every day to "conduct business, check e-mail, call my lovely wife, text my Mom, messenger my daughter, takes pics of beautiful scenery, video my boy, listen to my tunes, watch live TV on Orb, change the channels on my TV set, play chess, play Atari ST games, watch YouTube, type messages with one hand, navigate while driving, run programs from its SD card, move photos from my digital camera's SD card into my phone,
    Twitter my followers, check my calendar, sync my calendar to Google, watch full length movies from my SD card, back up my entire phone and PDA to SD disk, back up my phone to the web via Backup Buddy.net, play Scrabble, surf the net with Opera Mini or Blazer, and play Warfare, Inc.
    and I can do most of those things reliably with just one hand!
    Last edited by SenorBlues; 05-13-09 at 11:35 PM.
    05-13-09 11:20 PM
    It is just a cell phone! The storm is a device that replaced a pocket notebook and pencil and a handfull of quarters for a pay phone. If anyone who constantly complains about it would just remember that we all had beepers as little as 10 yrs ago or a nokia cell phone that was big bulky and only made calls.
    05-13-09 11:24 PM
    Bravo friend... Bravo...

My only grip = I miss physical keys

I'll always have a special place in my heart for my beloved Curve...you never forget your first ya know...

But this blue light on the keyboard is cool as sh!t

05-13-09 11:30 PM
    It is just a cell phone! The storm is a device that replaced a pocket notebook and pencil and a handfull of quarters for a pay phone. If anyone who constantly complains about it would just remember that we all had beepers as little as 10 yrs ago or a nokia cell phone that was big bulky and only made calls.
    Hey I still have two of those (Nokia bricks)

Talk about a paperweight!!! They should be registered as lethal weapons

05-13-09 11:31 PM
    Hey I still have two of those (Nokia bricks)

Talk about a paperweight!!! They should be registered as lethal weapons

remember you had to buy the seperate bettery to make the phone vibrate.
    05-13-09 11:33 PM
    After all the trouble I'm having with this trackball tonight, the Storm is looking good.

I have a client and a firend who love their Storms. Never complained once.

05-13-09 11:34 PM
    How about those lakers?

05-13-09 11:35 PM
    Maybe you'd be happy with a Razr. But I expect my SMARTphone to be a whole lot more than "just a cell phone." Especially when my ancient Treo 700p can still run rings around the Storm in most areas. I am so ready for the Pre!
    05-13-09 11:39 PM
    And what happens if the Pre gets launched with just as many odd bugs? It is a whole new OS Palm created after all. It'll just keep going in circles...
    05-13-09 11:47 PM
    Maybe you'd be happy with a Razr. But I expect my SMARTphone to be a whole lot more than "just a cell phone." Especially when my ancient Treo 700p can still run rings around the Storm in most areas. I am so ready for the Pre!
    i am not unhappy with my storm...but if it is slow or quirky i do not allow it to make me insane the way that other posters have written about. i just wish that everyone would just step back, take a breath and realize the power we have in the palm of our hands.
    05-14-09 12:05 AM
    And what happens if the Pre gets launched with just as many odd bugs? It is a whole new OS Palm created after all. It'll just keep going in circles...
    No way of knowing until June, but so far there hasn't been even a hint of the Pre or WebOS being "Pre"-mature.
    05-14-09 12:07 AM
    shouldve titled this thread 'i love the palm pre' and put it somewhere else..like a market research group..

'power we have in the palm of our hands.'

really? cmon really? wow
    05-14-09 01:00 AM
    shouldve titled this thread 'i love the palm pre' and put it somewhere else..like a market research group..

'power we have in the palm of our hands.'

really? cmon really? wow
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize a few years ago I would be able to answer a call..go online..watch a movie
    Listen to music...get real time maps..and text not to mention all kinds of other things
    In a handheld device...so yes we have slot of power in the palm of our hands
    But your so cool you don't even realize..

05-14-09 01:19 AM
    The Storm is what causes these people that HATE the darn thing so much that they hang in the Storm threads and have the Storm consume them as they attempt to carry on a regular day w/ whatever device they so choose. It's funny to me how much of a stir in their lives its caused as they continue to spend countless minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years talking about the darn thing. With so much hate the Storm is garnishing it must be doing something right. Catch ya on the rant boards.. that's a guarantee.. pathetic. LOL!!!!!

05-14-09 01:46 AM
    Yeah the Storm sucks with it's big screen;
    mps player, that keyboard that I just fly with
    texting.
    Something I pass the time with playing those
    sorry games like tiltris; bubble army; and railroad
    tycoon.
    Lousy browser that I use to load jeff rense and read the news.
    Lousy videoo camera...
    Oh and place calls open email attachments.
    Using my stand alone blouetooth stereo
    speakers. Yeah it can't do squat; ummm yeah it sucks alright.
    Sorry POS phone
    05-14-09 08:50 AM
    I love my storm but the pre is too tempting.

05-14-09 08:57 AM
    Im telllin you guys befor u go jumping wait til the end of the year......
    05-14-09 08:58 AM
    Possibly the most controversial device ever released by a smartphone company. That is calling RIM a smartphone company, NOT calling the Storm a smartphone of course
    05-14-09 09:02 AM
    No way of knowing until June, but so far there hasn't been even a hint of the Pre or WebOS being "Pre"-mature.
    As a former Treo user, I would was thinking about getting one for personal use. That is until I saw the specs and the cheap design.
    05-14-09 09:17 AM
    Do we all remember these???? Cell phones have come a long way; sure the Storm isn't perfect but it sure as **** can do more than this thing... lmao!
    Attached Thumbnails The Storm is Passe-old-cellphone.jpg  
    05-14-09 09:18 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD