Hey any of you storm owners out there like to spray some paint? I just started about a month ago and lovin it. I got the BT-4 which is doin pretty good. Tippmann 14" barrel, rip clip, and stock. Soon to come, response trigger. What are yall shootin?
    Last edited by BBSchase373; 02-16-09 at 05:30 PM.
    02-16-09 05:16 PM
    Tippmann X-7 with Ak-47 apex barrel! I have not played in a year and can not wait to play again!
    02-16-09 05:20 PM
    tipman A5 custom , with empire barrel system kit , electronic trigger , compress air conversion
    02-16-09 05:22 PM
    PM6 with a UL Frame, halo hopper w/ upgraded internals and a freak barrel kit.
    02-16-09 06:55 PM
    .45 Cal, semi-auto with laser si.....oh wait, wrong forums.
    02-16-09 07:03 PM
    I played tourney ball for a while earlier in the decade. Had a whole slew of guns, my fav were my Cockers/E-Cockers. Had a few mags along the way just for the heck of it, two Timmys, an IR3, a Rat Impulse and an 03 Shocker. A whole slew of other stuff, but **** if I remember specifics. I think all I have now is a VSC Phantom and an old RF 'Cocker with a slider. The DM4 was just hitting the scene when I got away from the game.

Actually considering playing again -- I keep up on the forums every now and then and caught wind of this: Automags.Org Online Forums - Tiberius Sniper Rounds, Info from TK

Looks pretty cool.
    02-16-09 07:15 PM
    proto Matrix rail, halo hopper, soon to get freak barrel kit. Back up gun is a Spyder Fenix(old back up gun)
    I play at HVP2 out door feild, and Arena Paint, both on Long Island
    Last edited by tweek441; 02-16-09 at 07:17 PM. Reason: more info
    02-16-09 07:16 PM
    I have a smart parts epiphany but have started going old school. I now use a stock class phantom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:20 PM
    I had a bushmaster when I used to play...no one to play with now so I sold my gun awhile back

02-16-09 07:24 PM
    **** yea! I have an 07 shocker with a halo B with rip drive.

02-16-09 08:14 PM
    By the way dbk I used to sport the Black Magic Cocker. Great markers, just can't keep up with
    Electros. Still the best when it comes to accuracy though.

02-16-09 08:18 PM
    My boyfriend (also a storm owner) loves paintball. He has a proto matrix and it's sexy blue and black. I don't really care for paintball because of the COST hahaha but I enjoy snapping photo's of him playing and I understand the game =) I just wish it cost less..oh and I don't like the ugly welts he gets =( hahaha
    02-16-09 09:17 PM
    Back when I still played I was shooting a 2000 Dark Angel and an 03 Lockout Ed. Freeflow Racegun 'Cocker. Still have them, but haven't played in years....
    02-17-09 01:19 AM
    01 Black Magic, shocktech swing trigger, dye grip, palmer front end pneumatics
    02-17-09 01:53 AM
    .45 Cal, semi-auto with laser si.....oh wait, wrong forums.
    LOL thats what I have among others.... never shot a painball though only lead..
    02-17-09 09:03 AM
    Shootin a Shocker! Used to play tournaments BUT haven't played in like 4 years. BUT I'm in situation where I can start again !

02-17-09 09:46 AM
    I play at least once every month.

I have a Tippman a-5 with e-trigger and a 98-custom, for those days when the a-5 acts up. That stupid tombstone design causes random leaks for some reason.
    02-17-09 09:52 AM
    By the way dbk I used to sport the Black Magic Cocker. Great markers, just can't keep up with
    Electros. Still the best when it comes to accuracy though.

Nah, don't be foolish. Nothing is more or less accurate than anything else, we're shooting lopsided liquid filled capsules through the air. Any gun that sports a good barrel and a good reg with good paint will be just as accurate as any gun that has the same barrel, same good reg and same paint. Best you can do is consistency.

Do 'Cockers shoot further too?

One of my projects was a 2k2 VF 'Cocker that I threw, uh, Palmers LPR and a Shocktech (maybe?) ram onto with an E-1. God if I can remember what bolt I had on it, cocking rod/pump arm is for someone else to know, I think the valve was the one that was in the WGP cocker with the -15 degree ASA (Karnivore?), some spring kit, etc. Pretty high end. Crossfire 68/45, Sidewinder vert. That gun, when I let it bounce, would rip as fast as the Halo would satiate the ACE. So, I pretty obviously disagree with "Cockers can't keep up" -- especially in today's tourneys with BPS limits.
    Last edited by dbK; 02-17-09 at 01:03 PM.
    02-17-09 10:18 AM
    Smart Parts ion xe, smart parts maxflow and hpa tank combo virtue board and eyes freak jr barrel system ned designs flat line trigger new designs skelton bolt. halo b v35 hopper with magnetic lid and rip drive. i paint ball from the beggining of march till the begging of december every weekend love the sport. and the gun rips looking at an invert this year we will see back gun 2003 Smart parts impulse vision with cricket board whicked old gun
    Last edited by shadyband1; 02-17-09 at 03:23 PM.
    02-17-09 12:08 PM
    I have an ION and a spyder with a little bit of some mods.. its wicked.
    02-17-09 12:39 PM
    Nah, don't be foolish. Nothing is more or less accurate than anything else, we're shooting lopsided liquid filled capsules through the air. Any gun that sports a good barrel and a good reg with good paint will be just as accurate as any gun that has the same barrel, same good reg and same paint. Best you can do is consistency.

Do 'Cockers shoot further too?

One of my projects was a 2k2 VF 'Cocker that I threw, uh, Palmers LPR and a Shocktech (maybe?) ram onto with an E-1. God if I can remember what bolt I had on it, cocking rod/pump arm is for someone else to know, I think the valve was the one that was in the WGP cocker with the -15 degree ASA (Karnivore?), some spring kit, etc. Pretty high end. Crossfire 68/45, Sidewinder vert. That gun, when I let it bounce, would rip as fast as the Halo would satiate the ACE. So, I pretty obviously disagree with "Cockers can't keep up" -- especially in today's tourneys with BPS limits.
    You are right, I have seen a Cocker rip 28bps with a warp drive, but everything had to be upgraded. My stock Shocker could probably do the same out of the box. (If I turn ramping up of course )Also, the Karni, while it was a sweet gun, was over priced. It doesn't matter anymore, the game has changed. With markers like the Ion and Epiphany, even the cheapest of them can keep up.

Also, I say that it is more accurate due to it being closed bolt. With new barrels, such as the Smart Parts Freak system, most other guns can have similar accuracy. There is just something about an AutoCocker that makes me feel like I am more in control of that lopsided gelatin.
    02-18-09 09:30 AM
    Dark Ego 06 and 06 Shocker.. Both upp'd
    02-19-09 09:22 AM
    Also, I say that it is more accurate due to it being closed bolt. With new barrels, such as the Smart Parts Freak system, most other guns can have similar accuracy. There is just something about an AutoCocker that makes me feel like I am more in control of that lopsided gelatin.
    The closed bolt never led to any additional accuracy; this is true in firearms but not for paintball. It may be slightly easier to keep on target for single shots because the bolt doesn't cycle before the valve opens, but that will likely be negligible. And come on, the Freak isn't new Gotta be around a decade old. It and other barrel systems were popular on 'Cockers because the ball detent in a closed bolt gun doesn't prevent barrel rollout, just doublefeeds. Accordingly, the closer paint-bore match helped prevent rollout. People were probably more likely to add an aftermarket barrel/barrel kit to 'Cockers as a result, so they generally were being used with higher quality barrels, probably helping lead the thought that they are more accurate.

I agree about the feel, I always liked the feel of the marker; which is weird, because it had more reciprocating mass than other guns (pump rod, bolt, back block, etc), but I've always loved the feel of a Cocker in my hands [that's what she said]. No idea how that holds true these days, but it's fun to reminisce about.
    02-19-09 11:28 AM
    2008 Invert Mini with Freak Barrel Kit, Virtue Board, and Orange bolt.

I pretty much gave up on paintballing since its so damn expensive right now.
    02-20-09 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD