Well obviously I loved the smoothness of the iphone but when I searched google for images (in manhattan where service is exceptional), it didn't load half the images that OUR phone did, plus it took that piece WAY longer to download images in an email... I'm proud!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 11:59 PM
    Was it an original, first generation iPhone? If so, you're making an unfair comparison. Verizon's 3G vs. AT&T's EDGE will have considerable differences.
    05-22-09 12:00 AM
    Na it was 3g... I'm not that unfair

05-22-09 12:07 AM
    Every iphone I ever touched was quicker.

Na it was 3g... I'm not that unfair

Well then, in that case, go Storm!

(I have to try and be fair to both )

Honestly I've always been jealous.. Maybe its just being in the city, but that aspect of the phone is lacking.. Plus dudes phone that I used locked up and he couldn't do a battery pull, but what I did like was the text correction with the magnifying effect on the iphone...

05-22-09 12:13 AM

Keep in mind that it's not necessarily just because AT&T is faster (even though they do have a faster 3G network). The amount of coverage and your location really does play a large role in this situation as well.
    05-22-09 12:17 AM
    Both phones had full service.. In manhattan where you'd expect full bars... Does att really have faster 3g than the V? Even the internet wasn't good on the iphone I used... But I dO want wifi

05-22-09 12:33 AM
    I live in SoCal and have good reception everywhere with my Storm. I work with a couple of people who also live near me and the AT&T coverage blows around us. The only place one of the guys gets reception in his house is in his upstairs bathroom! Reception is the one and only reason I haven't dumped the Storm for an iPhone - and obviously it's a big one.
    05-22-09 12:39 AM
    Both phones had full service.. In manhattan where you'd expect full bars... Does att really have faster 3g than the V? Even the internet wasn't good on the iphone I used... But I dO want wifi

Yes, it is fact that AT&T's 3G is faster than Verizon's. Verizon just has too many users on it at once and AT&T is getting to that point as well. Luckily, AT&T is upgrading to a faster network very soon.
    05-22-09 12:41 AM
    Well obviously I loved the smoothness of the iphone but when I searched google for images (in manhattan where service is exceptional), it didn't load half the images that OUR phone did, plus it took that piece WAY longer to download images in an email... I'm proud!!

So you were just i-Curious?
    05-22-09 10:30 AM
    So you were just i-Curious?
    hahahaha that was good
    05-22-09 10:35 AM
    I work in a military town and I've had copter pilots tell me they couldn't get a signal on the SnApple iSuck 1000ft in the air.

I'm amazed at the peeps who dump VZW for GAY T&T cuz of the Storm.

05-22-09 10:47 AM
    I work in a military town and I've had copter pilots tell me they couldn't get a signal on the SnApple iSuck 1000ft in the air.

I'm amazed at the peeps who dump VZW for GAY T&T cuz of the Storm.

why are pilots playing with iPhones while flying....
    05-22-09 11:34 AM

LOL keep trying to rationalize it to yourself.
    I think your story is 100% made up.
    05-22-09 11:40 AM
    Pilot trainer. He flies with all the students here. He switched to VZW for that reason.

And guess what phone he got

05-22-09 11:43 AM
    well you must be correct then! since, as we all know, you have no apparent bias whatsoever
    05-22-09 11:46 AM
    This...boys and girls....would be the pot callin the kettle black.

05-22-09 11:48 AM
    Pilot trainer. He flies with all the students here. He switched to VZW for that reason.

And guess what phone he got

umm the dare ?
    05-22-09 11:54 AM
    I don't think people realized the things you have to do on both devices to have a fair testing i.e make sure java script is consistent, plugins and cookies etc...
    05-22-09 12:01 PM
    umm the dare ?
    To quote the great Ron White from his 'Cheetos and Bean Bag' joke...

"CLOSE!"

05-22-09 12:02 PM
    I don't think people realized the things you have to do on both devices to have a fair testing i.e make sure java script is consistent, plugins and cookies etc...
    truth

but we know people will argue one way or another no matter
    05-22-09 12:14 PM
    No he's not. I've compared google maps side by side with an iPhone 3G and the storm renders the images faster and allows you to zoom in tighter. I did this in metro atlanta, where you would expect the ATT signal to be adequate.

05-22-09 12:32 PM
    truth

but we know people will argue one way or another no matter
    Yup that's true. I remember telling my wife I can browse the internet quicker on my Bold than the iPhone and she started laughing. So I turned off javascript and anything else that would slow it down just to win (because we had a "friendly" bet ). Needless to say, I smoked her but not because my browser is fast but because I tweaked the settings and she doesn't have a clue about these things. She loss the bet and I was a happy man
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 05-22-09 at 12:53 PM.
    05-22-09 12:32 PM
    Yea really..lol..

05-22-09 12:45 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD