I wanted to thank everyone here at Crackberry for being helpful community, As I needed a lot of help since the 4.7.0.75 software was launched with the Storm.

I have decided to Jump over to the Android ship when the HTC Incredible launches.

Again, a big thank you to all.
    04-11-10 12:14 PM
    It was more like a wind gust... Crackberry was by far the best thing to come from my one and quite possibly only BB device. Thank baby Jesus that they have an android section as I'm probably heading that direction myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 12:21 PM
    I will always be a blackberry kid
    04-13-10 04:17 PM
    Same here. I'm due for an upgrade in June and am also going to go with the Incredible. The Storm had so much potential. It just never lived up to it.
    04-13-10 05:21 PM
    Do you plan to sell your Storm on the Marketplace here?
    04-13-10 05:23 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Maybe I'll wait for the supersonic, but I'm thinking the incredible will be the phone that sinks my blackberry.
    04-13-10 06:34 PM
    droids are all hype, iphones are more for kids bb's is where its at.
    04-13-10 10:21 PM
    Psh, I left my S1 back in November 09.
    04-13-10 10:47 PM
    I am going with a droid. After being a die hard BB user I have had it with my BB Storm. Went to the Verizon store and actually was able to show them my error message and the "hour glass of death". The tech actually had the BB Storm and has been having the same issues. He too was going to make the droid jump.
    BB seems to have fallen asleep at the wheel...
    04-13-10 10:51 PM
    I just pre ordered the HTC Incredible.

Thanks again crackberry for all the links to the leaked / hacked roms.

I dont plan on going back to a blackberry anytime soon. I have such a bad taste in my mouth from my storm.

I cant wait to make a video of me stomping my bb storm to death.

I would like to do a video montage of other people destroying their blackberry storms.

That would be a nice f-u to blackberry for making such a piece of beta sh1t.

pm me if your willing to video yourself destroying your storm....
    Last edited by sprintrjm; 04-18-10 at 10:05 PM.
    04-18-10 10:02 PM
    No problems with my Storm. It's a keeper until the Storm 3. I don't know what could be causing people to hate theirs so much. Oh well.
    04-18-10 10:23 PM
    No problems with my Storm. It's a keeper until the Storm 3. I don't know what could be causing people to hate theirs so much. Oh well.

Could be a number of reasons (and I don't want to mention them). The Storm is far from over (S3 anyone?) and mine continues to perform well for my needs.

I will however take a look at other platforms and see if they are also suitable for my lifestyle.
    04-18-10 11:34 PM
    It was more like a wind gust...
    Or a popcorn fart.
    04-19-10 11:06 AM
    My storm has been great as well, but it still has plenty of problems and reasons I most likely will be jumping ship to the Incredible.

Here are a few:
    128mb of application memory. - Once upon a time this was plenty, but with richer more powerful applications coming out, this is not enough anymore.
    Poor memory management. - This is much better than it was upon release, but still not up to par
    Truncated emails - really? its 2010, this is just sad.
    Lack of a webkit browser. - yes i know it is coming, but that doesn't mean I have to wait for it.
    Screen - It has one button. Sure it works well most of the time, but your typing speed is greatly limited by the hardware

That's all for now. Again, the storm was great.. but RIM is just not moving fast enough for myself and many other's liking.
    04-19-10 01:15 PM
    Most of those problems aren't Storm specific though.

04-19-10 01:52 PM
    Most of those problems aren't Storm specific though.

Do they have to be? They still exist on the storm.

The Storm2 doesn't fix them all either.
    04-19-10 02:04 PM
    I still use a S1 and there are people at my job that ran out and got shiny new BB's and are now second guessing their decisions. htc has had alot of kick *** come out this spring.
    I'm glad I didnt jump on the S2 the day it came out. Now there are Hd2's and soon to be Incredibles filling pockets at work.

I, myself, will have a Droid or Incredible. If I can wait till August, when I have my 2yr upgrade, we can see what else is available.
    Hmm i wonder if there is a way to early upgrade to one now?

Anyway I absolutley love my S1 in all its memory lacking laggyness. It is my fav. smartphone to date. I'm gonna miss it.

I, like many, just feel like BB's are getting left behind.......
    04-19-10 07:51 PM
    My S1 has been very good to me also. Loved installing leaks and hybrids but the time has come to upgrade and the Incredible is the best option right now. I may come back to BB one day when they catch up. Thanks for all the info CB I'm now lurking the Android forums.

04-28-10 01:04 PM
    Got to share that I have had a Droid to abuse for a few days and an iPhone for a week before that. The S1 has been a very good phone with some durability. But is is getting older and comparitively the hardware cannot compare. I have also put a 9700 and a 8520 through some practical use for my job.... so far the Droid is number one followed closely by the S1... the others are too slow.

I think Blackberry has done well with their design but the speed and applications are just not keeping up. My recomendation to the purchasing administrator is going to be, dump the Blackberry in favor for a faster platform.
    04-28-10 01:38 PM
    Don't mistake trolls for sincere posters.

Don't you think it a bit odd that some people continue to come in a forum to keep saying they don't use the product anymore?

04-28-10 07:33 PM
    i kinda liked fixing it too but im really tired of it still being ****ty...yeah is the storm2 better yes it is,,is it really any better than a s1 not really so rim couldnt get it right twice lol so i am jumping ship too but im gonna miss crackberry, and bbm and teachin people how to make this p.o.s better
    04-28-10 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD