Wondering if there are any 5.0 versions of the OS avalible for the Storm... and what enhancements come with the upgraded OS?
    05-24-09 05:46 PM
    The way things are unfolding with storm 2 and a different imput method. I wouldn't be surprised if storm 1 doesn't get an official 5.0 OS at all. Just speculation on my part, no inside info at all, I just wouldn't be shocked to see storm 1 owners get P.I.M.P.E.D!!!!
    05-24-09 05:52 PM
    The way things are unfolding with storm 2 and a different imput method. I wouldn't be surprised if storm 1 doesn't get an official 5.0 OS at all. Just speculation on my part, no inside info at all, I just wouldn't be shocked to see storm 1 owners get P.I.M.P.E.D!!!!
    Well, I see it differently. The idea behind 5.0 is to get all modern devices on more or less the same software so I wouldn't be surprised to see if the 9500/30 gets 5.0.
    05-24-09 05:54 PM
    Well, I see it differently. The idea behind 5.0 is to get all modern devices on more or less the same software so I wouldn't be surprised to see if the 9500/30 gets 5.0.
    Hopefully you're right and I'm wrong. I just wouldn't be surprised!
    05-24-09 06:01 PM
    Storm 1 Is Not Geting 5.0 It Is Staying At 4.7 For A While . Strm 2 Will Roll Out With 5.0 Because The 4.7 Was Made For The Surepress Technology
    05-24-09 06:27 PM
    Storm 1 will certainly see a 5.0 release and probably before the storm 2 hits the streets also. VZW is testing 5.0 as we speak and see no reason why they wont release a build of it if it meets specs.
    05-24-09 06:30 PM
    4.7 was just the bold software and they changed the input code. it wasn't made for the surepress technology. where ever you heard that.....well, stop listening.

and from what i hear 5.0 is in lab/network testing, but idk if any of them have made progress within that testing realm. its my belief based on info i've seen/heard that VZW is just going down the line, and testing every build that RIM is putting out. the good thing is that lab/network testing is capable of having multiple builds in their process, and just spitting out the ones they approve to friendly users for the final stage of testing.

and cool was right, the point of 5.0 OS is to bring all devices onto the same level, so that if a bug comes up, one fix can be universal to most, if not all, devices...and to support 5.0 BES upgrades.
    05-24-09 06:31 PM
    i mean, yeah..what howarmart said....
    05-24-09 06:31 PM
    Bs. I bet u can suck a golf ball through a garden hose!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 06:49 PM
    Storm 1 Is Not Geting 5.0 It Is Staying At 4.7 For A While . Strm 2 Will Roll Out With 5.0 Because The 4.7 Was Made For The Surepress Technology
    This has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on here, and I have read a lot lol

The first gen Storm will receive OS 5.0, in fact, I am using it currently on a test unit and it works just fine, if not great! (IMO).

Think of the 4.7 OS as a Service Pack on top of OS 4.6. It has added code to interpret the touchscreen, and the action/reaction it should take when used.

Best and easiest way to explain that.
    05-24-09 07:18 PM
    This has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on here, and I have read a lot lol

The first gen Storm will receive OS 5.0, in fact, I am using it currently on a test unit and it works just fine, if not great! (IMO).

Think of the 4.7 OS as a Service Pack on top of OS 4.6. It has added code to interpret the touchscreen, and the action/reaction it should take when used.

Well radio suck that OS off the phone and give it up......LOL
    05-24-09 07:20 PM
    4.7 was just the bold software and they changed the input code. it wasn't made for the surepress technology. where ever you heard that.....well, stop listening.
    That just made me L O L patches!
    05-24-09 07:39 PM
    Cant wait for os 5.0
    05-24-09 07:51 PM

Radio, I'm gonna steal your berry!

05-24-09 07:54 PM
    I wish you wouldn't post at all.
    05-24-09 07:56 PM
    Bs. I bet u can suck a golf ball through a garden hose!

is this one of those "i have nothing to contribute so i'll just post something to get +1 for my post count?

or was this directed at someone in particular???

i r confuzled
    05-24-09 08:01 PM
    Ok, if they get 5.0 out and its similar to the os for storm 2. Do you think they could take away the surepress from our storms, or have an option to?

05-24-09 08:06 PM
    Where/How does the Bold 5.0.0.93 in comparison to the Storm 4.7.0.148?

This would be interesting to know because as more leaks come out, hybrids using the 5.0 Bold java and alx's would start to takes steps backward.

Radiog, any input/insight you could share on this ?
    05-24-09 08:07 PM
    Well radio suck that OS off the phone and give it up......LOL
    i'd be happy with just the boot up java files so that my phone had that awesome black boot screen until a later date when something gets leaked/released.
    05-24-09 09:12 PM
    Patches what are the biggest improvements or attributes that 5.0 has over all the leaks/official release.
    05-24-09 09:19 PM
    idk, i haven't used it...all of the improvements i'm hearing about are mostly BES improvements. there won't be much new as far as the actual feel of the look or UI is concerned. but like i said, i haven't used it.
    05-24-09 09:22 PM
    when i have it, you will all have it, fair enough? lol!
    05-24-09 09:23 PM
    I wish you wouldn't post at all.
    You don't have to read it!!! I stated clearly that it was just my opinion. Nothing more nothing less! No body truelly knows what is instore, it was just my own gut feeling!! If you don't like, oh well, I wasn't trying to mislead or act like I knew something. Wow, no wonder why so many people hate storm forums, people like you!!!!!
    05-24-09 10:41 PM
    You don't have to read it!!! I stated clearly that it was just my opinion. Nothing more nothing less! No body truelly knows what is instore, it was just my own gut feeling!! If you don't like, oh well, I wasn't trying to mislead or act like I knew something. Wow, no wonder why so many people hate storm forums, people like you!!!!!
    Thats not entirely true
    05-24-09 10:43 PM
    Damn u radio and ur taunts I wish I was in the inside and testing stuff I love those kind of things.

05-24-09 10:51 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD