How can I get latest updates without searching for 10 hours. Unfortunatly i cant check out the crackberry forums every day and when I do search for os updates all kind of junk comes up ... any advice???
    03-08-09 09:03 AM
    Do you have Viigo? Just check that. Or if you use twitter, you can get updates via sms
    03-08-09 09:04 AM
    On your phone, go to options>advanced options>wireless upgrade

How can I get latest updates without searching for 10 hours. Unfortunatly i cant check out the crackberry forums every day and when I do search for os updates all kind of junk comes up ... any advice???
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 09:08 AM
    If you are talking about leaked OS, go to the "Storm Beta OS Discussion" on CB. You can easily find the discussions on the latest "leaked" OS. If you are talking about official release, VzW will email you when it is available, providing you have given them your email address.
    03-08-09 09:09 AM
    cool thanks ... that helped me a lot
    03-08-09 10:31 AM
    I just bought a storm two weeks ago. I like it but I want it to be better and and know it can be. I dont know that much about all of the computer jargon being used in these forums but I do know I want to be able to make the storm faster and more personalized. I have the 4.7.0.75 system (what does that mean by the way). and what is the difference between the .75, .103. and .109 versions? any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    03-08-09 10:51 AM
    I just bought a storm two weeks ago. I like it but I want it to be better and and know it can be. I dont know that much about all of the computer jargon being used in these forums but I do know I want to be able to make the storm faster and more personalized. I have the 4.7.0.75 system (what does that mean by the way). and what is the difference between the .75, .103. and .109 versions? any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    .75 is the OS (operating system). It is the latest official release from VZW. The Storm launched with .65, which was really slow and buggy. .75 much more stable. The remaining OS numbers you are reading about are all beta versions-being tried and tested; released by RIM to a few people to test drive. Occasionally one of those gets leaked and those who want to can upgrade it to their Storm. Read several of the stickies on the Beta OS Discussion sub-forum to learn all about this. I would not try upgrading to a beta OS until you are really use to your Storm and have read the How-to instructions carefully as well as How-to recover a bricked BB!
    03-08-09 11:09 AM
    .75 is the latest official release of the operating system from RIM/VzW. All the other OS mentioned on CB are leaked. They are unsupported by RIM nor VzW. If you run into problem with those leaked OS, you are on your own. Furthermore, installing an unsupported OS could void your warranty with VzW. So you better know what you are doing before you proceed.

I am still on .75 and I don't have performance issue. There are many ways to make the device performs better. The following are some of them:
    1. Make sure you close the app completely after using it. Don't leave it running on the background.
    2. Install QuickPull and schedule a nightly pull. It helps trememdously.
    3. Remove as much icons as possible from the home screen into folders. It frees up app memories and make the phone runs smoother.
    4. Do not install every application under the sun. Only those you need. Keep in mind that many application like Facebook can be accessed through the web browser. Take Facebook for example, the mobile web site is a lot better than the installed app on the phone.
    5. Set your pictures and videos to be saved to the SD card by default. Delete or move to SD card all the sample pictures and sample media files.

Hope this helps.
    03-08-09 11:15 AM
    ^ ^ ^ ^

+1 excellent suggestions. However, QuickPull isn't exactly necessary. It's nice to use from time to time, but I found I don't use it often enough to keep it. Which falls in line with suggestion #4 - don't install everything you come across...
    03-08-09 02:47 PM
    you can go to my sight and get the OS .109 and if you would like I have others if you like

Welcome
    03-08-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD