I keep hearing there is supposed to be a new update coming soon. I know it had leaked...anyone hear when it will officially come out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 09:55 PM
    No nothing yet. I figured I'd answer before anyone jumped down your throat. Just so you know you can always search the forum or any new news before starting another post :-)
    02-22-09 10:06 PM
    That would be the million dollar question??? Your guess is as good as mine. Go to the 118 waiting room and there is all sorts of speculation. As well as numerous other threads that are devoted to this particular topic. Take a look around you will see many various trains of thought on when this might happen. But there isi nothing out there as far as an official release only speculation.
    02-22-09 10:10 PM
    Yeah....there's a new leak coming...in September...2010 ))
    Good job RIM! Can't wait for the 3,000 new employees...they will probably make things worse. Meanwhile, Cupertino is brewing up a Storm...

02-22-09 11:19 PM
    Yeah....there's a new leak coming...in September...2010 ))
    Good job RIM! Can't wait for the 3,000 new employees...they will probably make things worse. Meanwhile, Cupertino is brewing up a Storm...

good one!!...lol
    02-22-09 11:32 PM
    Well we are all going to find out pretty soon how reliable the target dates that float around are. It's almost March and that's when a lot of people think an official update will come due to the supposed release of the app center. But I, like many others, have learned to not expect anything until you see it because dates always change and some people are always wrong.
    02-23-09 02:03 AM
    I don't believe any dates any more!!! They all have been proven wrong....I just hope for surprises....that's the best!!! Waiting and then getting discouraged is the worst!
    02-23-09 11:34 AM
    All we know is there's a TARGET date of March 31 for Verizon. Other carriers will be on other schedules. And note the TARGET part of that, because it means it's NOT a firm date. It could come earlier, spot on, later... It's just what they are aiming for.
    02-23-09 11:40 AM
    Let them take the time needed to release a worthwhile O/S. Everyone knows they rushed the phone out, gave it a bandaid O/S with .75. I think if they just kept putting out minor upgrade O/S's they would lose a lot more people because the public is going to think that Verizon/Rim will never get it right. When they put out a fabulous O/S everyone will forget how long it took to come out and the world will be happy again.
    Just my thoughts
    02-23-09 12:17 PM
    Ive asked every single VZW rep I have seen. Last night a guy told me an official OS was being released March 1st. He then told me it was .83.............

This kinda shows you the inconsistency of information flowing around..
    02-23-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD