He's not bashing him he's only correcting misinformation. A lot of people in here hang on every word Crucial says and as you see this misinformation spreads like wildfire. People are expecting to get a good update and its simply not true.

So instead of people rioting up in here when they find out that the issues they are experiencing now will not be resolved he is simply saving ALL of them the aggravation and letdown. He's helping you all I don't see that as negative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, I understand SHE is correcting misinformation, but there are much more polite ways of doing it without being rude, harsh and abrasive.
    11-24-08 12:13 AM
    Yes, I understand SHE is correcting misinformation, but there are much more polite ways of doing it without being rude, harsh and abrasive.
    She? Chicks are not into cars, porrn and technology.

That's a guy thing : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 12:21 AM
    CX wasn't saying that that was the new OS...he was saying that that was one of his sources...geeze.... Just because YOU thought that it was the new OS, doesn't mean other people did.
    Yeah, see that's where you're wrong. Reread my comment. I stated that I'm amazed at how many people in the thread thought the video is of the new OS in action. Perhaps you should read pages 2,3,4 of this thread and see how many actually viewed the video as such. That's what my comment was about, not a bash towards CX, but you and your buddy are too quick to jump the gun on my posts.
    11-24-08 12:43 AM
    Ok, I didnt read every single post on all of the 6 pages so these questions may have been answered.

1. My phone is running v4.7.0.65, platform 4.0.0.82. Is this the most "up to date" version seeing it was released Friday?

2. Is there already an OTA update that will increase my phone past these current settings?

Sorry if these are redundant, just want to make sure that my phone is as current as possible. Thanks!
    11-24-08 02:10 AM
    Yes , And No
    11-24-08 02:13 AM
    Thanks bro
    11-24-08 02:15 AM
    When the update comes out... can you just do an OTA update and it does everything update/fix itself? or should it be hooked up to desktop manager and done that way?..
    11-24-08 02:18 AM
    Even though its not an updated version of the OS, it seems to be running pretty snappy. Is everyone elses similar?
    11-24-08 02:21 AM
    yes to the above two questions .
    11-24-08 02:26 AM
    Man Civic... you sure know how to get 'em all stirred up... I think you ARE House.
    11-24-08 02:28 AM
    Did anybody else see the "Wireless Upgrade" option under advanced options? I wonder if we would be able to upgrade that way?
    I don't have a wireless upgrade option in my advanced options and it says i am running .65 & .82 what gives?
    11-24-08 04:24 AM
    I don't have a wireless upgrade option in my advanced options and it says i am running .65 & .82 what gives?
    Options > advanced options > service book

Highlight "Provisioning [OTASL]", press the menu key and hit delete and confirm when it asks. Then immediately press the menu key again and press undelete.

I did this once and under advanced options, Wireless Upgrade should appear at the bottom.
    11-24-08 04:29 AM

Highlight "Provisioning [OTASL]", press the menu key and hit delete and confirm when it asks. Then immediately press the menu key again and press undelete.

I did this once and under advanced options, Wireless Upgrade should appear at the bottom.
    That did not work for me

/edit

It did work! had to get out of Options completely and then go back in..
    Last edited by someone; 11-24-08 at 06:22 AM.
    11-24-08 06:16 AM
    It's funny, almost 100% of the people that are bringing negativity into this thread or doubting an update......dont have a storm. Infact, I honestly do not understand why anyone that doesn't have a storm or waiting to get a storm come to this forum. Isn't there a forum for each individual BB?

An update is comming, reguardless of what anyone negative says. If you dont like the storm dont own the storm and are getting off by trying to bring storm users morale down you are a sad sad person and need to get a life.

Today, Tmrw, next week......sometime an update is comming out, even with your negativity.
    11-24-08 06:31 AM

that worked.. standing by for update to be released.
    11-24-08 07:45 AM
    Anything that'll help my phone run a bit faster is welcome, although I'm pretty happy with the speed as is..
    11-24-08 07:51 AM
    I deleted everything off mine in order to make it faster, and it's pretty much on par with the device in the video, however I would like to load a few things back on it eventually, so I need this updated ASAP. I only have a few more days to decide if I'm going to keep the Storm or not. It's a gorgeous phone, but if it's not practical, to use it, then I'm just going back to T Mobile and my Curve.
    11-24-08 08:03 AM
    Civic and I are cool. Heck, I made a mistake. Let's just hope for your sakes the update comes today. Depending on which one it is, it could make a big difference.
    11-24-08 08:22 AM
    Is civic a she???

I've been wrong before.. (I thought amazinglygraceless was a she)...
    11-24-08 08:27 AM
    I think it would be really cool if this does come today. I hope it is more kinetic.
    11-24-08 11:15 AM
    Sorry if this has already been posted but 4.7.0.86 is already available in the wild.
    11-24-08 11:25 AM
    Sorry if this has already been posted but 4.7.0.86 is already available in the wild.
    Link, and/or pic, of you're full of sh!t.
    11-24-08 11:27 AM
    4.7.0.86 is the package version offered by Vodafone 9500. Unless the app version is 86 this is old.
    11-24-08 11:31 AM
    Link, and/or pic, of you're full of sh!t.
    how polite! just sent you a pm with link...i am not a storm user so cannot vouch if its the latest etc... just came across it. hope its useful
    11-24-08 11:31 AM
    how polite! just sent you a pm with link...i am not a storm user so cannot vouch if its the latest etc... just came across it. hope its useful
    Haha, well, thank you for the link. I was just going for the "mob chant" type of thing, you know, like when people are on strike.

Edit: It's the Vodafone .86 that's been posted here before. Thanks, though.
    Last edited by SpeedingNoodle; 11-24-08 at 11:37 AM.
    11-24-08 11:33 AM
136 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD