The moment I got my Storm and set it up I was able to save my PW for my verizon voice mail which a thought was great. Is this something that all phones can do or this unique to the Storm?
    01-18-09 09:18 PM
    It is for the visual voice mail application if I am not mistaken. Not just regular voicemail. But you can always change your voicemail number and put 2 pauses after the *86 then put your password and it will enter it automatically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 09:24 PM
    You can save the password on other BlackBerries also. On those go to the phone app, Options \ Voice Mail - scroll down to Password and type it.
    01-18-09 09:27 PM
    It is for the visual voice mail application if I am not mistaken. Not just regular voicemail. But you can always change your voicemail number and put 2 pauses after the *86 then put your password and it will enter it automatically.

I'm talking about regular voice mail. When I call it the phone automatically enters my PW.
    01-18-09 09:28 PM
    You can save the password on other BlackBerries also. On those go to the phone app, Options \ Voice Mail - scroll down to Password and type it.
    I went to options-voice dialing and scrolled down and see no pw option.
    01-18-09 09:32 PM
    you asked if all phones do that, they can. As for setting up the Storm to use both visual voicemail and traditional VM, I'm not sure on that aspect. Sorry. Hopefully another Storm user will be able to chime in on saving the password for traditional dial-in voice mail service.
    01-18-09 09:38 PM
    This has been around for quite awhile now, LG's, Motorola's, BB's.
    01-18-09 09:46 PM
    Remember if you do this and lose your phone someone could get into your VM without the password. Yes, I have a password on the screen/key lock but still, keep this in mind if you don't use a screen or key lock password.
    01-18-09 10:31 PM
    omg i never knew this!!!! thanks for the awesome tip
    01-19-09 12:33 AM

Mine works on regular voice mail.
    01-19-09 12:45 AM
    A
    I went to options-voice dialing and scrolled down and see no pw option.
    You have to hit the green call button... Then hit the menu button and select options... Then select voicemail and enter your pw...

01-19-09 12:51 AM
    Thats awesome. I didnt know you could do this either. Thanks for the info. Saves me a little bit of trouble that I could do without.
    01-19-09 05:43 AM
    I believe the Samsung Instinct can do it too.
    01-19-09 07:01 AM
    I had been storing my password in my LG phone for years.

BB is the only phone (I believe) that spotlights this function.

With LG, there's just an option that lets you change your voicemail number...so if you're smart and understand the ramifications of the above you can change your vm number

to: *86P1234#

and get the exact same result.
    01-19-09 09:07 AM
    I love that feature but its not a storm exclusive feature.
    01-19-09 09:16 AM
    All the phones I have had could be set up to automatically enter the voicemail password after a pause. My Razr2 could do it. Even my old Audiovox.

Since I resigned from my position as a Secret Agent right after high school, I've never worried about unauthorized infiltration of my voicemail messages.
    01-19-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD