So like I stated in the verizon thread iam thinking of switching over from tmo to ver. Is the storm really worth the change? I currently own a curve but iam looking into getting somthing more up to date. Reason for me swtiching is because the signal on tmo suck where I live and verizons is booming there. But I want a phone that I think iam gonna be happy with. I want somthing better than the curve. What do you guys thing thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 09:59 AM
    Me and my wife switced over early from alltel (they're letting you if your eligible for upgrade) and both got the storm.

Its the 1st BB for both of us and the 1st touchscreen for her (I had a LG Glimmer with alltel). It still has some bugs that need to be worked out, but overall we're happy with it. The touchscreen does have a learning curve (even with me coming from a "heptic" touchscreen), but i'm already getting where I can pound away with little if no mistakes on emails and texts.

Overall I think its a good phone thats only going to get better with future updates and I would recommend it......
    02-11-09 10:13 AM
    Go to a store and play with it first. Keep in mind it may be a bit slow since its running the first f/w and its been used by a bunch of people. If you like it give it a shot. I love it and has no regrets. It does require some time to get use to but if you stick with it you'll love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 10:49 AM
    I switched back to verizon from nextel (I hated sprint) after 8 years and while the service is good I am a bit frustrated with the phone and lack of apps and all the problems with the OS. I am hoping my waiting will pay off because it is a great phone when it is not messing up, not that it does that often but it shouldnt at all in my opinion. I expected a lot more from this phone, I know it is first gen and there will be problems and growing pains so I will give it to the next official OS and if I am not happy I will suck up my losses and move on to something else

I dont want to install a leak OS and have to deal with other things not working all of a sudden or have to do 3 or more battery pulls a day.
    02-11-09 11:20 AM
    I switched back to verizon from nextel (I hated sprint) after 8 years and while the service is good I am a bit frustrated with the phone and lack of apps and all the problems with the OS. I am hoping my waiting will pay off because it is a great phone when it is not messing up, not that it does that often but it shouldnt at all in my opinion. I expected a lot more from this phone, I know it is first gen and there will be problems and growing pains so I will give it to the next official OS and if I am not happy I will suck up my losses and move on to something else

I dont want to install a leak OS and have to deal with other things not working all of a sudden or have to do 3 or more battery pulls a day.
    I've been running .99 for over a week now and have had to do ONE battery pull, and thats when BBM locked up on me. I have used the quickpull app to reboot a few times just cause I seen my memory was getting a little low (I was running at 0 at one point and my phone still wasn't hardly lagging)
    02-11-09 11:33 AM
    now I have not read into it more but I thought I saw bluetooth stereo was not working on one of them but when I read that it pushed me right away because I use that one a lot.....I want to say I read something else that was big for me.

With the way my luck has been going many things, not just one, will go wrong
    02-11-09 01:20 PM
    I wouldn't switch for the storm specifically. VZW has hands downt he best network but the Storm is being cobbled together slooooowly. This is by far the most unreliable, slowest, worst phone I have ever owned. RIM dropped the ball and VZW picked it right up and sold it to us. Many here will sing the phone's praise and some will tell you what I am...the phone isn't anywhere near where it needs to be. Just the fact that most people have a completely different experience should tell you that the hardware is hit or miss. Some people are on their 4th or 5th phones. Some are on the 1st and loving it. These phones require a lot of TLC, battery pulls, and hacking to make them work. I personally think the Bold is the only phone worth switching netrworks for and that requires going to AT&T...no thank you. I will stick it out with my Storm because I am a techie and I like tinkering. But in general I think a C- is a fair rating of this phone largely due to RIM's slow development time, rushed delivery, and crappy software. You would almost expect the OS to have Microsoft stamped on it.
    02-11-09 01:36 PM
    You would almost expect the OS to have Microsoft stamped on it.
    That is so true and yet I stick with MS products as well.....I am just a gluten for punishment I guess
    02-11-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD