on the phone with csr to ask about my order today at 7am and he said they are not shipping till 11/25. what a scam vzw pulled. they made a big deal about this phone and they can't even furfill the order.

at leaast att can furfill the iphone orders. geeze. the numbers im seeing like 13 go to a store and all the employees have them and they have 13 to sell thats crapola.

i just wanted to let u guys know.
    11-21-08 02:36 PM
    Ordered mine at 7:45 est - telesales - just got email confirmation that my order was just shipped, here on Monday.
    11-21-08 02:40 PM
    Huh.. this has to be on a case by case basis then.. I ordered mine at 6:00am EST.. just spoke with a CSR and got the same 11/25 ship date.. this isn't cool at all..
    11-21-08 02:46 PM
    storm wont be shipping until dec. 5 as of 3 pm. this is comming from an email sent to all verizon employees
    11-21-08 02:48 PM
    I ordered mine via telesales Tuesday night for a guaranteed Monday delivery, I received an order confirmation number at 8:15AM and no tracking information. Called CS and was told that this probably will not ship untill Tuesday due to demand and not having enough units at particular warehouses. She suggested I call back on Monday for an update. If I knew I was going to have to wait a week to receive my phone I would have taken my chances next week in store.
    11-21-08 02:51 PM
    I knew this was going to happen, this is why I WENT TO THE STORE TO GET MINE.
    11-21-08 02:51 PM
    Does this apply to people that already have tracking numbers?
    11-21-08 02:52 PM
    storm wont be shipping until dec. 5 as of 3 pm. this is comming from an email sent to all verizon employees
    This is confirmed. I just spoke with telesales and a store rep and they both said the same thing. What an awful job by VZW with this launch -- not only does it hurt their reputation to launch a phone (not that the reputation was good anyway), but RIM must be upset because VZW is hurting the BB name. Although I'm a BB fanatic (2 devices), this launch itself may force me to the iphone...
    11-21-08 02:52 PM
    I'm extremely mad. I woke up at 3am to order my iPhone and I did. 3 am! And they told me it will ship on 11/25. I'm so mad!
    11-21-08 02:55 PM
    Something fishy is going on here. There are people claiming to have tracking numbers who ordered after me online.
    11-21-08 02:56 PM
    I ordered in a store, not online. But I have a tracking number. Does that mean its shipping or could it be delayed as this thread suggests?
    11-21-08 02:59 PM
    My order went through, card was charged, done deal...how is that a scam?
    11-21-08 02:59 PM
    My order went through, card was charged, done deal...how is that a scam?
    I think some are complaining because they ordered online or through tele-sales with free overnight delivery. They ordered early in the AM before stores opened. Yet other people are getting tracking numbers who clearly ordered after them.

My guess is there is a queuing system in place where certain channels don't get as high a priority as others. Just a guess. Either that or the tele-sales people are setting expectations low as a precaution and you may be happily surprised next week.
    11-21-08 03:03 PM
    you know i'm kind of glad my upgrade date isn't until a few months from now...that way all the bugs will be worked out and i'll get one when I want one, and not be so upset and freaking out. I'm excited as anyone but a few days is just that, a few days.
    11-21-08 03:05 PM
    I ordered the phone via online 3:20am this morning. My card has been charged and I've received the approval email - yet, STILL, no tracking number.
    11-21-08 03:07 PM
    I ordered in a store, not online. But I have a tracking number. Does that mean its shipping or could it be delayed as this thread suggests?
    Tracking numbers are issued by FedEx not Verizon.
    Once you enter the person's data in to the FedEx shipping system it generates the thermal label with that address on it and thus a tracking number. They aren't going to print out shipping labels with nothing to stick them on.
    I ordered at 6 and received my tracking number at 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm not sure but i'm in So. California and placed an order at 8:30am and the Verizon rep said that they it will be fed ex'd to my house by tomorrow around Noon time directly from Verizon's local warehouse.

Verizon does have its headquarters in Irvine, CA so maybe that is the reason they can ship so fast to me. Who knows.

BUT, they did say that it is first come first serve regarding the sales, so for people who order later today or tomorrow etc... there could be some delays because of inventory etc...
    11-21-08 03:08 PM
    The rep who I ordered with at 8:30am today called me back at 9:00am to tell me that they would be a delay shipping most orders, but probably not those who ordered before 9:00am.

I just got the shipping notice from VZW via email. I paid for Saturday delivery and my card was charged for the extra $14.99.

UPDATE:
    Hold on just a sec. I just tracked the package and it's estimated delivery is on 11/24 by 10:30am. Now it was shipped from West Chester, PA which is only 55 miles from Levittown, PA so I'm hoping it'll be here tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Tifoso; 11-21-08 at 03:17 PM.
    11-21-08 03:13 PM
    Tracking numbers are issued by FedEx not Verizon.
    Once you enter the person's data in to the FedEx shipping system it generates the thermal label with that address on it and thus a tracking number. They aren't going to print out shipping labels with nothing to stick them on.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't get sent a tracking number either. I called Verizon and asked the CSR about it. She gave me the tracking number. Entered into FedEx and it was for me. Maybe you have a number but Verizon failed to let you know it... like me. I'd call VZW & ask if I were you.
    I'm not sure but i'm in So. California and placed an order at 8:30am and the Verizon rep said that they it will be fed ex'd to my house by tomorrow around Noon time directly from Verizon's local warehouse.

Verizon does have its headquarters in Irvine, CA so maybe that is the reason they can ship so fast to me. Who knows.

BUT, they did say that it is first come first serve regarding the sales, so for people who order later today or tomorrow etc... there could be some delays because of inventory etc...
    Mine is being shipped from the regional distribution center in Ontario, CA. My guess is your phone is too. Its going FedEx so they can overnight them almost anywhere (if you know how FedEx works you know this is possible).
    11-21-08 03:15 PM
    Just ordered mine via telesales a few minutes ago...they are sold out, ship date is 12/5.
    11-21-08 03:16 PM
    Does VZW do Saturday delivery if you order online?
    11-21-08 03:17 PM
    unfortunately, I do not think so
    11-21-08 03:21 PM
    Yea, from a summary of other posts it seems that if you did not get in your order by 9am PST this morning, then there will be some delays from shipment from either 11/25 or 12/5.

i ordered mine at 8:30am so hopefully i am safe...hopefully...
    11-21-08 03:21 PM
    It's not a shipping option on-line. You have to talk to CS or telesales. Even then FedEx has to offer Saturday delivery in your area.
    11-21-08 03:22 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD