I am sing Missing Sync to sync my Storm and for some reason it will not recognize all of my music. I have also tried to copy the music directly from iTunes to the card and that doesn't work either. I am missing about 10 artists out of approximately 50. I have tried restarts and battery pulls and nothing has helped. Do you think reformatting the card would help? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
    05-24-09 01:06 PM
    Read post #5 in this thread: Missing Ringtones, and just do this for your music folder instead of your ringtones folder. See if that helps.
    05-24-09 01:09 PM
    iTunes has music that is locked by DRM, it is possible to move them to your storm but it is an involved process and I have had no luck in doing it.
    05-24-09 03:03 PM
    iTunes has music that is locked by DRM, it is possible to move them to your storm but it is an involved process and I have had no luck in doing it.
    That is also a very good point. If the music that isn't working was bought directly through iTunes, you will need to use some kind of DRM removal program before you can transfer/listen to the music on the Storm.
    05-24-09 03:06 PM
    That is also a very good point. If the music that isn't working was bought directly through iTunes, you will need to use some kind of DRM removal program before you can transfer/listen to the music on the Storm.

Or pay the ~$.30 fee to upgrade to iTunes +

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 03:29 PM
    Or pay the ~$.30 fee to upgrade to iTunes +

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Which would cost me hundreds. (I don't need to worry about it, though... I don't use my Storm as my media player. )
    05-24-09 03:37 PM
    DRM protected music will not work on the Storm, as stated above. Pay the .30 cents to get them DRM free and it will work. I've also noticed that sometimes when MP3's are added to iTunes they still wont be transferred to the media card via Media Sync. If this is the case then right click on the track while in iTunes and on "Create AAC Version" and it should work.
    05-24-09 05:33 PM
    try this if your music is on the memory card: go to options>memory>
    - turn "media card support" off. go back to the main options menu pressing "save" when the prompt comes up. Go back into the "memory" menu. Turn media card support to "on" then quit options making sure to also save again. When you go to the music app, the phone will rescan all of your songs. They should all be there unless because of DRM.

Also you could do the same thing by opening the back cover of you phone, pulling out the memory card for a sec, then reinserting it. The phone will recount all you songs and they should be there.
    05-24-09 05:44 PM
    try this if your music is on the memory card: go to options>memory>
    - turn "media card support" off. go back to the main options menu pressing "save" when the prompt comes up. Go back into the "memory" menu. Turn media card support to "on" then quit options making sure to also save again. When you go to the music app, the phone will rescan all of your songs. They should all be there unless because of DRM.

Also you could do the same thing by opening the back cover of you phone, pulling out the memory card for a sec, then reinserting it. The phone will recount all you songs and they should be there.
    Not necessarily... this will not always work because the media card has known issues with properly indexing files on the device, unfortunately. That is why I provided the thread on how to delete the BBThumbs.dat file. That will ensure that the music is properly indexed after doing a battery pull or removing/reinstalling the media card through the memory menu.
    05-24-09 05:48 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. All of my music is in iTunes AAC format. The problem with deleting the index file is that the BlackBerry creates an index file for each folder. My file structure goes Artist>Album>Song Files. So I would need to go through each album folder and delete the index file. I have also tried doing this by simply dragging and dropping songs over and this didn't work very well either. It seems as though there is no rhyme or reason as to why certain files aren't showing up. I only have one song that would have any DRM on it and I am not trying to sync that song. I am hoping to find a solution that consists of plugging the device in, syncing all of my information automatically and that is it. Is this all a software issue with the Storm or have all BlackBerry devices had some sort of compatibility issue?
    05-25-09 05:09 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. All of my music is in iTunes AAC format. The problem with deleting the index file is that the BlackBerry creates an index file for each folder. My file structure goes Artist>Album>Song Files. So I would need to go through each album folder and delete the index file. I have also tried doing this by simply dragging and dropping songs over and this didn't work very well either. It seems as though there is no rhyme or reason as to why certain files aren't showing up. I only have one song that would have any DRM on it and I am not trying to sync that song. I am hoping to find a solution that consists of plugging the device in, syncing all of my information automatically and that is it. Is this all a software issue with the Storm or have all BlackBerry devices had some sort of compatibility issue?
    It really probably has everything to do with the indexing issues that the media card has. It would be in your best interest to delete that .dat file out of every folder that you add music to, before you add the music. If you are dragging and dropping music into each folder, you can delete the .dat file right from the computer before you start adding music, and then the phone will automatically create that new file once you unplug the phone from the PC and the media card rescans.

Other than that, you can do the battery pull method, but it may take more than one battery pull to get all music to show up... and even the battery pull may not work (no matter how many you do).
    05-25-09 05:15 PM
    Has anybody contacted BlackBerry about this. They shouldn't advertise the media sync program as a utility for syncing with iTunes if the device isn't capable of properly indexing the files. Is this just a problem with the OS?
    05-25-09 06:46 PM
    It happens when you put any media on the card... it's not just limited to iTunes. I'm sure people have contacted RIM, but if you feel that strongly about it, you should contact them as well.
    05-25-09 07:02 PM
    Thanks for all the help, I am just new to the whole BB world and I am somewhat frustrated when something just doesn't simply work. I'll give them a call tomorrow and post on here if anything changes. I am hoping that these issues can be fixed with an OS update...
    05-25-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD