There has been two occasions where somebody has called me like 5 times in a row and my phone doesn't even ring or acknowlegde that anyone has called me. Any ideas?
    01-07-09 03:19 PM
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had many people ask me why I never returned their multiple calls. Not even as much as a missed call, so the only way I know they called is IF they leave a message (which most don't).

Try this at places where you mostly are during the day (work/home/school etc.). borrow a friends phone and call your own phone with it front of you. I did this at home where I had two bars of reception. called my own phone 6 times and only 3 of the calls actually made my Storm ring (even though I would get the full 28 seconds of ringing until voicemail from phone I was making the call from). out of the three times that it worked, only ONE of them gave me the full ringing. one time it gave my storm a half ring and went straight to voicemail. another time it was 2 rings and then voicemail.
    01-07-09 03:27 PM
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had many people ask me why I never returned their multiple calls. Not even as much as a missed call, so the only way I know they called is IF they leave a message (which most don't).

Try this at places where you mostly are during the day (work/home/school etc.). borrow a friends phone and call your own phone with it front of you. I did this at home where I had two bars of reception. called my own phone 6 times and only 3 of the calls actually made my Storm ring (even though I would get the full 28 seconds of ringing until voicemail from phone I was making the call from). out of the three times that it worked, only ONE of them gave me the full ringing. one time it gave my storm a half ring and went straight to voicemail. another time it was 2 rings and then voicemail.

I just tried and they all came through just fine........
    01-07-09 03:34 PM
    I just tried and they all came through just fine........
    do you use your browser a lot? I heard rumors that some calls don't go through while a browser page is in the middle of loading. might want to try that next.
    01-07-09 03:37 PM
    do you use your browser a lot? I heard rumors that some calls don't go through while a browser page is in the middle of loading. might want to try that next.
    I just tried it with a website that I know takes a long time to load. I rang my phone while the browser said loading at the bottom and the call came thru.
    01-07-09 03:47 PM
    Verizon cannot transmit both data and voice at the same time ....
    the phone has to decide which one is more important..call or data....
    if you're recieiving an sms or mms or an email while the call is coming in who knows what the phone does
    01-07-09 03:50 PM
    Interesting......that may have been what happened. Still not sure though.
    01-07-09 05:09 PM
    I have had my storm since the day they came out in Nov. I have recently been having the problem described here as well!

Incoming calls, no ring! I actually caught my phone doing it, as it was next to me on my desk, the screen had gone dark from being idle, and all of a sudden it lit up but just on my home screen. The Red LED started flashing and everything but no screen came up with the ''incoming call from...'' or no ringtone. then for about 1 sec. it rings and then immediately says missed call. When i call back the person they say '' your phone rang forever''.
    WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Recently, as someone else mentioned, my phone won't even tell me about the missed call, and never rings. the only way i know someone contacted me is if they leave a voicemail!?

This is very annoying, anyone know what I should do?

thanks- nikki

ALSO- I have FULL bars @ my house... in all areas, so it isn't a lack of service
    01-31-09 01:34 PM
    haven't really seen this. I have had some issues when my phone has just auto-reconnected to my truck bluetooth .

Something did happen last week tho. My phone was sitting idle and I picked it up to check something. When I did, I got flooded with about 17 and 10 txt msgs all at once. Like the phone hadn't been connected to the network for the last hr.

Running .90, 1XEV only, no sim card in the phone
    01-31-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD