Well, I went to sleep with my storm with OS 5.0 powered on last night. I woke up in the morning and my phone was off so I powered it on and it starts to load up on the blackberry screen. When it gets to about 75% a white screen comes up with texts that I can't even read because it retarts after 1 second and it just does the same thing all over again. All I can read is "restart" at the bottom of the screen. So now my phone wont power up completely and am stuck without a phone. Was wondering if their is a way to fix this or do I have to buy a new phone.
    Thanks
    11-06-09 04:43 PM
    I just had the same thing happen to me. I had to reload 5.0. it took me a couple of times to get my computer to sync with the phone.
    11-06-09 04:52 PM
    How do you get it to sync with the computer if the phone can't even completely power on?
    11-06-09 04:53 PM
    Verizon told me to go to dts.vzw.com to download software 5.0 without apps. i couldnt do so bc i have a mac so what i did was connect the phone to my computer without the battery inserted, then insert and hope for a sync.
    11-06-09 04:56 PM
    Do you get a battery icon when the phone is charging without the battery?
    11-06-09 04:59 PM
    Do you get a battery icon when the phone is charging without the battery?
    Yes i do. its plugged into my computer now without the battery and my desktop manager is not dectecting my phone.
    11-06-09 06:41 PM
    Yes i do. its plugged into my computer now without the battery and my desktop manager is not dectecting my phone.
    With it pluged in replace the battery and see if it registers. It should say waiting for device to restart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 06:51 PM
    ok so now i got it to the software update part. When it starts to load the OS onto the phone it times out and says, cannot connect to blackberry device
    11-06-09 07:00 PM
    it did the same with me. try it a couple of times to get the phone to register.
    11-06-09 07:40 PM
    Finally got it, re loaded the OS onto my phone and now it runs good. thanks guys
    11-06-09 07:44 PM
    New to the forum... Mine is doing to same thing, just started yesterday. But mine won't even charge. I've tried it from my car charger, my wall charger and the usb/computer... I'm so lost today and i've only been up an hour! ack!

Must shower and drive an hour to the nearest Verizon store for help!
    11-07-09 07:53 AM
    hi, my storm will not power on, nor will it charge correctly... I got a new battery and it was working good for a few days then the same thing happened... It will go dead very quickly and I have a hard time getting it to charge or poerer on. My led light will be solid red for a minute then it wil go away and my phine will not power on.. Or ill get a white screen with a batter in the middle and a lightning bolt on the battery but my phone still will not power on... please help
    01-09-11 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD