As I was saying the storm is not a complex device, its the users that do not understand how the thing works. Does anyone find the storm complex to understand?? may I suggest a nokia if you are having problems

I had a fairly good thread about this already and the darn admin folks pulled it.
    03-24-09 02:20 PM
    hey its not all the users!!! I understand it...now...enough.. shut it lol
    03-24-09 02:23 PM
    Yeah I noticed that.. My response was...

If the questions are searchable or could be found in the manual then if someone had issues FINDING the correct info then yes I would say the OP is correct.
    03-24-09 02:23 PM
    I love complicated things and im great at understanding them

the reason many of my friends dont get a bb is because its "too confusing"

i guess its only for some people who like complicatedness... haha
    03-24-09 03:06 PM
    I think the last one was pulled for content / attacks... But case closed, maybe this will be better ... You might want to change your title, though ....... It IS asking for it

As for the content of this thread -- I am all in for stuff that's complicated, etc. I'll run the beta software, tweak it to try and make it work, and use most any suggestions from others that made it work ... Someone who does not have experience or knowledge in working with this stuff shouldn't give up, just be motivated to learn more!
    03-24-09 03:10 PM
    Blackberry is actually IMHO one of the easiest smart phones to use. Learn one you learn em all.
    03-24-09 03:12 PM
    Someone who does not have experience or knowledge in working with this stuff shouldn't give up, just be motivated to learn more!
    Well said!!!!!!
    03-24-09 03:14 PM
    Nokia actually has some pretty advanced phones too, you just don't hear about them because carriers don't discount the high end nokias.
    03-24-09 03:15 PM
    As I was saying the storm is not a complex device, its the users that do not understand how the thing works. Does anyone find the storm complex to understand?? may I suggest a nokia if you are having problems

I had a fairly good thread about this already and the darn admin folks pulled it.
    Maybe some users do find it difficult to understand. Is that such an issue? My girlfriend thought the 8830 was difficult, my sister had trouble with her 8330 and my brother-in-law ended up returning his Storm. So yes, it is complex for some users.
    03-24-09 03:19 PM
    Blackberry is actually IMHO one of the easiest smart phones to use. Learn one you learn em all.
    That is one of the benefits of it, very modular; they all work the same, generally easy to port apps from one device to another (obviously excluding storm to any other device with a trackball). They do what they're designed to do.

Generally speaking idk why people complain about having to do a battery pull. You need to change your oil in the car, restart your computer, and change batteries in the flashlight. The blackberry doesn't turn off, but it needs to reset occasionally. The UNREALISTIC expectation of some users that get blackberries for the first time is mind bottling. Makes my thoughts swirl around in my brain like they're trapped in a bottle.
    03-24-09 03:19 PM
    I think my complaints are due to the phone being too much like the other Blackberries. I would welcome a little more complexity if it brought an exciting user interface experience. Keeps people from getting bored before the next great phone comes out.
    03-24-09 03:23 PM
    I think in general, there's a culture of intellectual laziness in western culture. US schools are absolutely geared towards the lowest common denominator, and are completely unequipped to deal with smarter kids, but that's another rant.

In a lot of ways, we in the west, have become lazy and complacent. We have this complicated infrastructure that really only a handful people understand and know how to maintain. Nobody thinks for themselves anymore. We've lost that desire, or drive, to create. If you wanted to take it to a rather dark place, we've lost the very thing that makes us human, and sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom.

I just think Blackberries are a symptom of this larger problem. Devices become increasingly complex, and fewer and fewer people actually have even the foggiest on how they work. But that doesn't stop them from placing ever greater reliance on them. Of course some people have just lost the desire to learn new things, and so they look at a device like a Blackberry and perceive it as a kid might perceive homework in a subject they dislike.

OTOH, some of us enjoy an intellectual challenge. We look at something like the Blackberry, and instead of something we have to learn, we see it as something we WANT to learn.

Hopefully this makes some sense... My mind is all over the place at the moment.
    03-24-09 03:54 PM

This is irrelevant but your signature is a bit misleading lol. Are you saying that .78 is greater than all the others, or are those arrows
    03-24-09 04:04 PM
    It's always operator error when something is too hard to figure out.
    03-24-09 04:48 PM
    it really is! windows mobile 6 sucked at everything and lagged so badly with a tmo dash.

my storm is very easy to understand
    03-24-09 05:08 PM
    I understand my Storm, and it understands me! I wish I could say the same for my wife
    03-24-09 05:29 PM
    most common reason the storm is returned:

people expecting it to have the response time of any previous flip phone they converted from.

it isn't a cellphone, it is a computer that happens to be programmed to send/receive calls

treat it like a computer and you would be alot happier with the device

kthxbye
    03-24-09 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD