So i cracked my screen a few weeks ago and just got the replacement one in the mail from cnn.cn. I put the new screen in and put it back together, and now it wont boot.

If i battery pull the phone will hold the red led for about 10 seconds, then show the hourglass for about 8 seconds. the hourglass disappears, and nothing else happens but the phone, menu, esc and close buttons stay lit. it will connect to my computer during that short time with PIN UNKNOWN. i try to wipe it but it just loses the connections shortly thereafter and cant complete the process.

ive tried searching for a while now, tried the brick fixing techniques but they didnt help. does anyone have any idea as to what is going on here? Judging by the hourglass it seems like its not hardware related, but im not expert on blackberry hardware.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Brian
    05-25-09 11:58 PM
    how did you crack the screen? maybe you broke something else inside the phone other than the screen that is causing the issue?
    05-26-09 11:53 AM
    i dropped it. at one point while connecting it to the computer it had a full screen that said "no battery" and looked perfect. it just stayed on that until i unplugged it again.

now im trying jl_cmder but it wont connect to the phone, and i hear the usb unplug/plug sound over and over every 10 seconds or so
    05-26-09 12:16 PM
    also, when the screen was broken before i fixed it i was able to receive calls perfectly, so i dont think anything else was damaged
    05-26-09 12:22 PM
    have you tried loading the OS through apploader it self? without doing the JL_Cmder?
    05-26-09 12:50 PM
    yeah i have, it gets through a little bit then loses connection.

i got jl_cmder to connect, but it doesnt seem like it does anything when i wipe the device. its still doing the same thing, im not getting the java error 571 or whatever its supposed to be.
    05-26-09 01:14 PM
    I would take it to a VZW store and get it replaced.
    05-26-09 04:31 PM
    unfortunately im not a verizon customer, and therefore can't have a warranty
    05-26-09 06:14 PM
    anyone have any ideas?
    05-26-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD