So i got the droid eris tuesday, love the phone but the fact that the battery dies half way thru my day is a major problem n im not even on it that much.

So how is the battery life on the storm? Im highly thinking about exchanging my phone as i need battery life and n came from a bb curve from sprint. Love bb but just wanted to upgrade so its the storm or tour.
    Help please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 07:28 AM
    real kb all the way!
    04-23-10 07:39 AM
    I upgraded to storm2 from bold 9000. I have never used touch screen phones before. But I'm really loving the experience on storm2. I like it. I'm a moderate-heavy user and the battery charge will be like 20-25% when I put it to charge every night...

04-23-10 07:40 AM
    This has been a major focal point for me over the past few days. As all have stated above, there are many different factors that play into the battery life. I've noticed now that a lot of the 3rd party themes seem to be a major culprit in battery usuage. The more animations, the less battery life.

Overall, your programs and usage will determine the battery life. I get more than a full work day out of it with light to moderate usage (sms, 10 minute phones calls, a few BBM, etc.)

They do offer the extended battery and its something I'm looking into now.

Good luck!
    04-23-10 07:56 AM
    So i got the droid eris tuesday, love the phone but the fact that the battery dies half way thru my day is a major problem n im not even on it that much.

So how is the battery life on the storm? Im highly thinking about exchanging my phone as i need battery life and n came from a bb curve from sprint. Love bb but just wanted to upgrade so its the storm or tour.
    Help please

I highly recommend u switch over and join the S2 crew I went from da e
    LG Env to a pearl to a S1 and had my S1 since launch and it has finally reached its last leg and did an early upgrade to da S2 and I shud have dun this sooner I dunno wut I was thinkin.....
    Oh and the battery life is AWESOME I can surf the browser FB Twitter and listen to music all day long while txtin and usin BBM from 6-11 and go to bed with 15% bat left
    Last edited by Dalverny63; 04-23-10 at 08:10 AM.
    04-23-10 08:07 AM
    My sister and brother in law both have the Eris. They like the device, but hate the battery life.

Imagine this, when I'm really USING my S2, yeah, battery life drains, but for the most part, during normal everyday use (moderate email, text, occasional phone calls) my battery always last at least 24 hrs. Even with heavy use, I usually get a day out of it, but sometimes I have to charge it mid-day. With my sister's Eris? She can be doing absolutely NOTHING on it, and it still only last for about 10 hours, tops! If she starts to actually USE it, she claims she has to plug the thing in at least 2 or 3 times a day.

Bottom line? Some folks have better battery experiences than others with the S2, but I'd say overall it's still a BETTER experience than most are getting with the Eris.
    04-23-10 09:52 AM
    Ask a million Storm 2 users how their battery life is and you will get a million different answers.

I run the Seidio 1700 battery.

For me; If I use it for Web, TXT, Blackberry Messenger, eMail and voice only it will last a work day without a problem. If I listen to music it will just last a work day. If I listen to books (Audible) and/or use Google Maps Buzz I will need to charge it in about 4 hours.

I don't run anything else on a regular basis.
    did you notice any actual difference with that battery?
    04-23-10 10:13 AM
    If I don't charge mine over night, I'll get 36 to 48 hours. It always last a full day.
    04-23-10 10:22 AM
    Crackberry sells the 1700mAh Seidio Innocell battery as well as the 3500mAh for the HTC Eris. The 3500mAH is designed to double the battery life you are currently experiencing, and the 1700mAh battery will definitely add hours to your phone life.

If you are looking to increase battery life for the Storm II we suggest the 1700mAH or 2600mAh Innocell Battery.

Hope this helps! Send us a message if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Seidio

Help please

04-23-10 11:42 AM
    Why not wait for a BlackBerry Bold 9650.
    04-23-10 01:06 PM
    Why not wait for a BlackBerry Bold 9650.
    well i read about that phone but not sure how long the exchange period is with verizon i have only had the phone since tuesday so im on day 3. I am so confused i have no clue what to do. i hate the idea of having to bring a charger with me wherever i go so that i know i have working battery.
    04-23-10 03:15 PM

Help please

In my practical comparisons with other high-end 3G Smart Phones, low battery drain seems to be a strength of BlackBerrys generally and the S2 is no exception. My S2 uses about 1-2%/hour. While talking it uses much more, of course, like at least 10-15%/hour, and so does active use of the GPS. There have been times when I have loaded apps and it has used 10%/hour just sitting around (yikes!) but resetting and/or reloading has always restored it.

The app Radio Saver, which turns off the radio when it senses a very low or no nearby signal, has been the greatest boon towards saving the battery (besides all the other tricks you can search for on this forum).

It is a great phone (emphasis on PHONE, not computer)--the best I have had--and I would recommend it.
    04-23-10 03:51 PM
    Crackberry sells the 1700mAh Seidio Innocell battery as well as the 3500mAh for the HTC Eris. The 3500mAH is designed to double the battery life you are currently experiencing, and the 1700mAh battery will definitely add hours to your phone life.

If you are looking to increase battery life for the Storm II we suggest the 1700mAH or 2600mAh Innocell Battery.

Hope this helps! Send us a message if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Seidio
    Mugen sells the 1650 for 32 bones. 50 bucks for the Seidio 1700? Just doesn't seem worth it to me. I have the Mugen, and it last all day all the time.
    04-23-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD