View Poll Results: Which phone would you prefer? Storm or Niagara?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storm

41 75.93%
  • Niagara

13 24.07%
    STORM
    - Touchscreen

OR

NIAGARA
    - WiFi
    - Bold'ish design

Both are supposed to come out for Verizon. Storm predicted at first week of November and Niagara at sometime in 2009. How does this info about a WiFi enabled blackberry coming to Verizon influence your view of the Storm? Would you wait for the Niagara?
    Last edited by petschska; 10-07-08 at 09:10 AM. Reason: bold design not Javelin design. both have 3G.
    10-06-08 02:52 PM
    Nope... I'm a touchscreen person. Although if I get the Storm and for some strange reason I don't like it, maybe I'll return it and wait for that...
    But we shall see.
    10-06-08 02:53 PM
    This thread would yield more unbiased results in another forum.
    10-06-08 03:08 PM
    I am trying to figure the same thing out. I currently have a Voyager and am sick of a touchscreen, but then again I have never had a blackberry before. I typed on a 8800 and Curve before and I loved those keyboards and trackball navigation. I am afraid I might jump all over the Storm because it is coming out earlier, and I would want it during the holiday season.

Wouldn't the Meteor(?) be a better choice if those rumors are actually true? You get 3G with a keyboard and great screen. What would the time difference be between the release of the Niagara and Meteor (Bold)?
    10-06-08 03:11 PM
    I've gotta pick screen.......................eyes are going south and the touch screen is easier to work with!
    10-06-08 03:12 PM
    Good point, JorGeorge. I missed the very important 3G feature difference.

So now it really is Meteor, Storm, or Niagara? [wish i could edit the poll]
    10-06-08 03:23 PM
    I just got my curve 8330 and I like it a lot! I am going to wait for the Niagara to come to Verizon, that's going to be my next phone! I don't like touchscreens(I have an ipod touch and Blah, no thanks)
    10-06-08 03:24 PM
    FYI: The Niagara doesn't look like the Javelin.
    10-06-08 03:46 PM
    FYI: The Niagara doesn't look like the Javelin.
    How does it look? Like the Bold?
    10-06-08 04:04 PM
    How does it look? Like the Bold?
    In a sense yes. But at the same time, most of it's styling comes from the Storm.
    10-06-08 04:08 PM
    In a sense yes. But at the same time, most of it's styling comes from the Storm.
    Wait so Crucial, can you confirm at least one of the following things for us:

1. There are two more Blackberries headed to Verizon aside from the Storm that should be landing in early 2009.
    2. There is the Niagara, with no 3G but has wi-fi, and takes its styling from the Storm; and there is the Meteor which has 3G and is pretty much the CDMA Bold.
    10-06-08 04:33 PM
    I am 100% for the storm and can't wait. It will be the only touchscreen BB? If I wanted the other type I would go with a Bold (if I could get on my provider)
    10-06-08 04:36 PM

1. There are two more Blackberries headed to Verizon aside from the Storm that should be landing in early 2009.
    2. There is the Niagara, with no 3G but has wi-fi, and takes its styling from the Storm; and there is the Meteor which has 3G and is pretty much the CDMA Bold.

Are we sure the Niagara won't have 3G? I mean think about it, when is the last time RIM made a CDMA blackberry without 3G?
    10-06-08 05:40 PM
    Are we sure the Niagara won't have 3G? I mean think about it, when is the last time RIM made a CDMA blackberry without 3G?
    Good on you
    10-06-08 05:44 PM
    Storm FTW!!
    10-06-08 05:46 PM
    The storm looks nasty, I think it's gonna be a while before they top that one
    10-06-08 05:48 PM
    All Verizon CDMA phones are 3G.
    10-06-08 06:57 PM
    who has the bigger screens?
    10-06-08 07:19 PM
    The most current info on the Niagara, based on recently leaked slides posted on CrackBerry (via BlackBerryNews) is the following:

To summarize, Niagara will have both WiFi & EVDO Rev A!

Another thing, the original slide images have been pulled from BlackBerryNews thanks to RIM's legal team.
    10-06-08 07:23 PM
    All Verizon CDMA phones are 3G.
    Exactly. The reason people keep reading about the Javelin not being 3G is because it's a GSM phone. The version that shows up for the CDMA carriers (Verizon/Sprint) will be 3G.

I'm not interested at all in the Storm. I am really excited about the Niagra.
    But then I also think the new BB Flip is a cool idea.

I guess after all my time with palms and Treo's I'm over touch screens for a while. (and I like an actual keyboard) I'm probably just getting old.
    10-06-08 07:34 PM

That's the word. EVDO Rev-A is 3rd generation technology. BTW, the Niagara is one hel l of a device. Those that purchase it will be quite pleased.
    10-06-08 07:36 PM
    That's the word. EVDO Rev-A is 3rd generation technology. BTW, the Niagara is one hel l of a device. Those that purchase it will be quite pleased.
    Just wondering...why would you have played with a CDMA device when it seems you mostly deal with GSM? I am interested for Niagara for my father, but WiFi would be awesome!
    10-06-08 07:44 PM
    Just wondering...why would you have played with a CDMA device when it seems you mostly deal with GSM? I am interested for Niagara for my father, but WiFi would be awesome!
    I see all of the devices and have to ability to use all of them. I'm on a GSM carrier so CDMA devices aren't an option to test. Doesn't mean I don't get to see/and or play with others.
    10-06-08 07:46 PM
    I see all of the devices and have to ability to use all of them. I'm on a GSM carrier so CDMA devices aren't an option to test. Doesn't mean I don't get to see/and or play with others.
    Cool. So have you played with the 9530 as well as the 9500, or was that redundant as you already were testing the 9500? I want your job so much....What is your technical job title, btw?
    10-06-08 07:49 PM
    Now for the important question: how early is early 2009?
    10-06-08 07:50 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD