1st off, dont start start the smart mouthin and flaming! im a newb to the blackberry world and very interested in exploring it. so....plz if you can help, do so...if not keep ya comments and smart mouthin to yaself!

Check it out. I just copped a storm today. The OS is 4.7.0.75 ( platform 4.0.0.94 )

I wanna get it up do the .141 i think is the newest one and from what ive been seeing, its the best one. so, how do i go about getting it, and adding it to my device as easy as possible? I also want to get rid of some of the things i dont need, as im sure it will eat up memory.

Also, i would like to get a few apps, such as google maps, another browser, and a few heres and theres. ( dont tell me to go to the app center, if i wanted to go to the app center i would. im asking about personal expierence with apps that you guys have, and use. )

I really want to get this OS updated asap! Thanks for the help.

BTW. any pointers....would be greatly appreciated.
    05-14-09 09:19 PM
    First things first... and no sarcasm here... go to the OS section of this very forum, and you will find two threads. One that's stickied lists every leaked/official update, with links for download. The other thread you will need is also stickied at the top of the same place... and that one is the "n00b Help Guide... how to upgrade/downgrade..."

Read through the n00b one completely before you do anything.

In the How To section of this forum, you will find how to's to make the Storm "better", how to free up app memory, and all that.

Do some reading.
    05-14-09 09:27 PM
    If you go to the 9530 forum home you will find all the subforums. There's one for OS's, tips, 3rd party apps, rants & raves, and the lounge. If you click on the OS subforum link, you should see the stickied topics he was talking about.
    05-14-09 09:45 PM
    **All Storm Software Links -- Official & Betas**

NOOB HELP GUIDE

PK & Friends Tips & Tricks

A Guide to make your Storm better

Dramatically improve your Storm with a few simple steps

For 3rd Party Apps... check out the apps section. Lots to read there, too. And I'm not posting 50 links from there.
    05-14-09 09:46 PM
    yeah, i found it. thanks. worried about updating though. how will i know if i do it correctly?
    05-14-09 09:47 PM
    If you go to the 9530 forum home you will find all the subforums. There's one for OS's, tips, 3rd party apps, rants & raves, and the lounge. If you click on the OS subforum link, you should see the stickied topics he was talking about.
    She.

(10char)
    05-14-09 09:47 PM
    Thank you. But I beat you to it. I appreciate the "back up", though.
    05-14-09 09:49 PM
    Thank you. But I beat you to it. I appreciate the "back up", though.
    No worries
    05-14-09 09:51 PM
    1st off, dont start start the smart mouthin and flaming! im a newb to the blackberry world and very interested in exploring it. so....plz if you can help, do so...if not keep ya comments and smart mouthin to yaself!

Check it out. I just copped a storm today. The OS is 4.7.0.75 ( platform 4.0.0.94 )

I wanna get it up do the .141 i think is the newest one and from what ive been seeing, its the best one. so, how do i go about getting it, and adding it to my device as easy as possible? I also want to get rid of some of the things i dont need, as im sure it will eat up memory.

Also, i would like to get a few apps, such as google maps, another browser, and a few heres and theres. ( dont tell me to go to the app center, if i wanted to go to the app center i would. im asking about personal expierence with apps that you guys have, and use. )

All the info you are requesting is in the first 3 threads in the Storm Forums section. If you are interested in exploring your device, do so, then ask for help if your questions or information is not found. Take some time and read through these and you will be equipped with everything you need to know.
    05-14-09 09:52 PM
    I dont do to many forums...so i didnt realize people were all wise guys! im reading, and learning as i go....just dont wanna ruin anything.
    05-14-09 09:54 PM
    It's easy. Just read take your time. Its all their. read search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 09:55 PM

i think its a shame when newbs have to say dont attack me when posting.
    05-14-09 09:57 PM
    alerted my post for what? so, ur a tough guy, and ur a tattle tell? lol. cute. find another thread to post in, seriously...ur a joke! clown!
    Really. Relax. Please. You got the answers to your questions. Now start playing with your phone.
    05-14-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD