I once asked this question before, but I believe the thread just died and I couldn't find it so I apologize if this is a duplicate.

I am using the Storm 9530, but I am home for the summer and live in a dead zone. My storm, if I'm lucky, can get one bar of digital service. Huge pain and I really don't want to buy the network extender if I am only home for a few months. AT&T however, has great reception where I live and I was wondering if there is anyway to use that network?

All sarcasm aside, do any of you know of any other way I could probably receive reception?
    05-17-09 01:16 AM
    Yes, you can use the Storm on AT&T. You will need to get an unlock code which if you call Verizon and tell them that you're traveling overseas and want to use a prepaid SIM card instead of VZW because their roaming rates are too expensive, they will give you an unlock code. Also, while on AT&T, if you plan on using internet and email, you will need to go through the proper AT&T unlocking process which can be found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/. For some reason, if you click on the link you'll get a page not found error, but the link is correct. To get the correct link, you'll have to quote my post and copy and paste the link into your browser.
    Last edited by savioAMG; 05-17-09 at 01:23 AM.
    05-17-09 01:19 AM
    My storm is unlocked luckily lol. I called Verizon about a month or so ago and had it unlocked. But I am on Verizon's network. I do not own an AT&T sim card. I want to keep my number and everything as well, just basically steal their service ha.

Possible?
    05-17-09 01:21 AM
    My storm is unlocked luckily lol. I called Verizon about a month or so ago and had it unlocked. But I am on Verizon's network. I do not own an AT&T sim card. I want to keep my number and everything as well, just basically steal their service ha.

Possible?
    In that case, no. You can't have one phone number on two different networks.
    05-17-09 01:24 AM
    figured, thank you for the quick reply though, I appreciate it.
    05-17-09 01:27 AM
    figured, thank you for the quick reply though, I appreciate it.
    No problem.
    05-17-09 01:28 AM
    Its so discouraging how when I switch to GSM/UMTS it can find T-Mobile and AT&T and I can't utilize this, and when I'm on 1XEV it can't pick up anything ha
    05-17-09 01:34 AM
    Its so discouraging how when I switch to GSM/UMTS it can find T-Mobile and AT&T and I can't utilize this, and when I'm on 1XEV it can't pick up anything ha
    Lol, I bet it would be discouraging. Btw, today I discovered that you can technically use two phone numbers on one Storm, just not at the same time. I had the GSM side activated with my AT&T SIM card and I had the 1XEV side activated with Verizon. The only time this gets in the way is if you have one carrier's service books loaded on as opposed to the other. Seeing how AT&T doesn't have service books for the Storm, it's not as simple as a quick click in the BIS site. So depending on which service books you have loaded on, that's the only "side" that will be able to utilize Browser and email. Both will be able to receive calls and text, however.
    05-17-09 01:37 AM
    im not to sure about that one i gotta bring this up one night i was just sitting there playing some cod4 online and looked at my phone and it said i had no service so i went to manage connections and said it was running on at&t network lol i have verizon and my storm is not unlocked lol
    05-17-09 01:39 AM
    im not to sure about that one i gotta bring this up one night i was just sitting there playing some cod4 online and looked at my phone and it said i had no service so i went to manage connections and said it was running on at&t network lol i have verizon and my storm is not unlocked lol
    In Mobile Network Options, was it set to GSM/UMTS instead of 1XEV? That's the only way that could possibly happen...
    05-17-09 01:41 AM
    Can you? That's interesting.. wish I had originally gone with AT&T

I just wish I could use these networks without the SOS icon or roaming.
    05-17-09 01:42 AM
    In Mobile Network Options, was it set to GSM/UMTS instead of 1XEV? That's the only way that could possibly happen...
    no thats the crazy part it was set to 1xev
    05-17-09 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD