i have the storm and it could be one of verizons best phones ever, but heres a few things i think it needs to improve VERIZON/BLACKBERRY
    1= fix the leaks
    2= when on email and you download attachment, you can only download 2.5GB or is it MB, thats terrible!!!(the xv6900 and omnia can download 7MB or GB)lol!!
    3= when sending a text its extreamly slow, why?????
    4= should be able to save files on the memory cards like you can with windows phones!!
    i knows theres more but thats what bugs me!! NOW WITH UP DATES CAN ANY OR ALL OF THOSE BE FIXED??
    01-16-09 07:39 PM
    On #4 you can save files on your memory card.

We all know it is not a perfect phone.
    01-16-09 07:44 PM
    3).. I don't have this issue?
    01-16-09 07:47 PM
    How can #2 bug you since you can't remember whether the limit is in MB or GB? Not a small difference

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 07:51 PM
    On #4 you can save files on your memory card.

We all know it is not a perfect phone.
    so how do you do that, when i open a cab file on a window mobile phone a box pops up automatilly and asked if i want to save it on memory card/device
    01-16-09 07:55 PM
    3).. I don't have this issue?
    Same. Also didn't notice the storm being slower on sms than my previous phones

01-16-09 07:56 PM
    How can #2 bug you since you can't remember whether the limit is in MB or GB? Not a small difference

because iam using my omnia right now, go try it for yourself AND YOULL KNOW WHAT IT IS
    01-16-09 07:57 PM
    I don't have any issue with my texting, it actually seems faster than my old phone.
    01-16-09 07:57 PM
    Same. Also didn't notice the storm being slower on sms than my previous phones

i have .86 and when typing a text it has about a 2 second delay when pushed!!
    01-16-09 07:59 PM
    so how do you do that, when i open a cab file on a window mobile phone a box pops up automatilly and asked if i want to save it on memory card/device
    What you are referring to installing applications to your memory card and not files. When you said files I took it to mean Word docs, pictures, PDFs, etc.

Cab files in WM is what installs a program. You cannot installation applications to the storage card. However, I doubt you will find that a problem since you just remove programs you don't use.
    01-16-09 09:28 PM
    got a MBA but dont know the dif between GB and MB lol

edit: Univ of Phoenix?
    Last edited by Hawse771; 01-16-09 at 11:11 PM.
    01-16-09 11:07 PM

Be nice...
    01-16-09 11:16 PM
    I'll take the 7gb emails pls. Verizon will be at my door in minutes
    01-16-09 11:16 PM

that doesnt mean a degree and yes i know the difference, JUST DONT REMEMBER IF IT WAS MB or GB
    01-16-09 11:19 PM
    Be nice...
    lol ok..i couldnt resist!

On a serious note I do think there should be bigger DL's available then 2.9MB (isnt that the limit?). But isnt this a RIMM problem and not a STORM problem?
    01-16-09 11:20 PM
    Actual improvements...?

Momentum scrolling . I installed the AP news app and cheered when I flicked the screen and it kept moving!

Smart playlists I can create playlists and sync them in WMP. But then WMP insists on fuggering the bit rate, claiming that MTP is swearing my Storm can't handle 320kb/s or VBR media files. And creating playlists in the Storm is a PITA.

Native fullscreen caller id pics I don't have a memory issue with my Storm... And I don't want one. I'm highly suspicious of apps on my laptop running constantly in the background. Having had almost 1/4th of my forced battery pulls caused by 3rd party apps I'm leery of having to add more to my Storm for something that could be easily done natively.

Lanscape Background Pic 'nuff said
    01-16-09 11:51 PM
    i have .86 and when typing a text it has about a 2 second delay when pushed!!
    Mike, I think you must have your phone configured wrong. I have .86 and my texting is just fine. I make less mistakes now because my auto correct is almost perfect. My browser is smoking hot! I have 3rd party apps galore on my phone and I feel like I am walking around with a mini laptop. Is it perfect, not even close, never will be either. I wish that the dialing process was a bit snappier but for now, I can do just fine. I use voice dial 90 percent of the time anyways,. The led light bug doesn't bug me like it does otheres...looks kind of cool.

PS: I think I told you that I played with the Omnia and just flat out hated it! Not to knock you because you are using it but I thought it was horrible! They say when you go blackberry, you never go back. Whoever started that saying is pretty much correct. I could never go back to a dumb phone unless I lost my job and couldn't pay the access charges. The Pre thats coming out looks pretty cool but hey, it's on another carrier.

Strayed off topic, apologize to the others in this thread( I know MBA from way back).

In summary, .86 for my needs is pretty good.
    01-17-09 12:25 AM
    Forgot to mention Mike, I do hate the random reboots now and then...they need to fix that!
    Also, I mentioned to Verizon that the battery life could be better and that I really didn't want to buy an extended. They sent me a spare battery free of charge...great service.
    01-17-09 12:28 AM
    Forgot to mention Mike, I do hate the random reboots now and then...they need to fix that!
    Also, I mentioned to Verizon that the battery life could be better and that I really didn't want to buy an extended. They sent me a spare battery free of charge...great service.
    For what its worth random reboots didnt happen on .75 but do on .86, battery life is also better on .75 than .86. This is strictly my personal observation, and with ANY leak its part of the risk. Its a leak and not official for a reason so you gotta pay to play so to speak.

Oh and about the omnia..i too concur on hating it, I personally have hated every single one of Samsungs touch screen devices, on Sprint, TMO, and VZW. Havent used the one on ATT but cant see it being dif. Throw winmo in the mix and it gets worse
    01-17-09 12:33 AM
    Mike, I think you must have your phone configured wrong. I have .86 and my texting is just fine. I make less mistakes now because my auto correct is almost perfect. My browser is smoking hot! I have 3rd party apps galore on my phone and I feel like I am walking around with a mini laptop. Is it perfect, not even close, never will be either. I wish that the dialing process was a bit snappier but for now, I can do just fine. I use voice dial 90 percent of the time anyways,. The led light bug doesn't bug me like it does otheres...looks kind of cool.

PS: I think I told you that I played with the Omnia and just flat out hated it! Not to knock you because you are using it but I thought it was horrible! They say when you go blackberry, you never go back. Whoever started that saying is pretty much correct. I could never go back to a dumb phone unless I lost my job and couldn't pay the access charges. The Pre thats coming out looks pretty cool but hey, it's on another carrier.

Strayed off topic, apologize to the others in this thread( I know MBA from way back).

In summary, .86 for my needs is pretty good.
    I WAS SHOCKED TO, when i sent you the text the last time we talked it was slow, i hit the key, a second later it lit up, another second later it shows up in the body, any of phone including the omnia its INASTANT!!! its not that big of deal, but all the things i listed in the first post is serious to me, plus the battery life also!! i dont have reboots!!! now is there a way to configure the phone to get the texting faster???
    01-17-09 08:17 AM
    iam not giving up yet on the storm, iam going to wait for more improvements first, then decide!!
    01-18-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD