Hey y'all:

I have been searching the forum and cannot find an answer to my Storm problem. I put it in lock mode and then I push the button on the top right to set it to vibrate (yes my profile is set to normal so it should toggle between the two)...the screen shows it went to vibrate but my phone still rings. I have set the custom contact alerts to "active profile" but phone still keeps ringing when on vibrate mode... so embarassing! Any ideas?

Thanks!
    05-14-09 11:54 AM
    .75 OS has various bugs. Ringers is one of them. Also, the lock and then mute is not really supposed to switch profiles like that. It's a bug as well that was done away with in higher OSs. I say it's a bug because no other BB to my knowledge behaves in the same manner when locked, so it's a feature that was never supposed to be there.

Upgrade your OS to one of the official ones from another carrier or continue to wait for VZW to do so.
    05-14-09 12:05 PM
    Yeah that sucks because the mute button is basicially useless... i created a custom profille but that should not be required.
    05-14-09 12:09 PM
    Yeah that sucks because the mute button is basicially useless... i created a custom profille but that should not be required.
    It's not useless. It mutes or unmutes phone calls. It mutes/pauses music or videos, etc.
    05-14-09 12:22 PM
    yeah it is basically useless for my purpose...
    05-14-09 12:57 PM
    I thought I was the only one with this finding. Thanks for clearing that up JRSCCivic98
    05-21-09 07:31 AM
    It's not useless. It mutes or unmutes phone calls. It mutes/pauses music or videos, etc.
    Agreed.... If by chance you mute your conversation with someone by accident ie. touching the mute icon on the touchscreen..... an alternative to unmute is to use the mute/unmute button on the top of the device. Otherwise it's menu button>unmute>
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sof...unmute-185543/
    05-21-09 08:17 AM
    I am running .122 on my telus storm and the only way I can get this to work for me is if I have my phone in the holster. If it is out of the holster it does not work.
    05-21-09 08:20 AM
    Why do I need a mute button on the top of the phone for muting calls when my cheek does an adequate job all by itself?
    05-21-09 09:21 AM
    When I had my Storm in the holster, I used to be able to press and hold the mute button at the top of the storm, and it would toggle between the Silent sound profile and the Normal. Are you guys saying that this functionality has been removed in OS 148? It doesn't seem to be working for me any more.
    06-23-09 11:22 AM
    isn't there a CrackGenius out there somewhere who can make an app to do this. With an enterprise system, i have to take my phone out of the holster, put on my reading glasses, type in my code, then get to the main screen and set my phone to mute. if i try to do that in a meeting or in church, it looks like im texting. What genius 'fixed' that useable function? I SHOULD be able to toggle between sound and mute without taking my phone out of the holster. most phones can. if i knew they were going to eliminate that needed function, i never would have bought the phone in the beginning.
    03-01-10 09:06 AM
    It isnt a part of the OS we can control..

But there is the option of buying an app called profilerpro or location changer that will change your blackberry profile at certain times of the day or based on your GPS location. There are a few of these apps out there but they slip my mind at the moment
    03-01-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD