Hey, I can't find anybody else that's had this problem, but I'm hoping someone can help me. When I take my Storm's MicroSD card and put it into an SD adapter and then put THAT into an SD card reader and plug it into a USB port on my computer, the device shows up on my list of drives, but when I click on it to open it up I get the message "Please insert disk into Drive F:\" which obviously I HAVE. No matter what I do I can't get the computer to recognize the card. Any suggestions?
    12-08-08 01:06 PM
    Is it recognized when you connect the phone to the computer with the usb cable? You should see the card show up in My Computers.
    12-08-08 01:11 PM
    It sounds as if the card needs to be formatted...but before you do that leave the card in the BB and attach to computer ensure mass storage mode is on and when connected to a computer is set to yes.
    12-08-08 01:13 PM
    Can you see it when you connect your phone?? If not, go to options/memory and make sure that you select yes for "enable mass storage when connected". At least this will allow you to see your card--maybe not the way you want to????
    12-08-08 01:15 PM
    Also, older card readers can't read cards bigger than 2 gigs. Could be that.
    12-08-08 01:19 PM
    Also, older card readers can't read cards bigger than 2 gigs. Could be that.
    I'm betting it's this. You need a reader that reads SDHC cards. If it just says "SD" on it, most likely it won't read it.
    12-08-08 01:57 PM
    I think that is the problem, I have an "older" card reader (probably a year or so old, but that's pretty old in this world, I suppose). I'll try with a new one and see if that works. Thanks everybody!!!!!
    12-08-08 03:50 PM
    I think that is the problem, I have an "older" card reader (probably a year or so old, but that's pretty old in this world, I suppose). I'll try with a new one and see if that works. Thanks everybody!!!!!
    Don't know what your goal is but the Storm basically is a card reader in this case. If you goto Options->Memory and turn on Mass Storage Mode, you just need to connect the storm to your PC and you can get at the card directly.
    12-08-08 03:57 PM
    i have the same problem...i think it is because the SD card is a High Capacity SD card.

so...just plug in the phone & use the phone as the SD card reader. it saves you having to open the battery door and stuff.

but...carrying around the usb cable is more annoying than the MicroSD adapter.
    12-08-08 06:59 PM
    I get the same error message plugging my phone into the USB. This wasn't happening until yesterday. I've been able to plug it in and move files with ease. But now my PC isn't recognizing the card. I guess I need to format it. Thankfully I backed everything up on the PC already, because trying to move files from the card memory to the device memory is a PITA on this phone.

*Fixed* thanks for the tips on this site!
    Last edited by dwh4784; 12-17-08 at 11:09 AM. Reason: fixed by powering off and removing the battery
    12-17-08 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD