I just picked up a storm to replace my 8830 couldn't pass up the buy one get one free from Verizon.

I have been searching here and online about the message alerts and can not seem to find a solid answer. First from what I can tell there is no longer a way to be alerted 2-3 times for incoming messages. It seems to still be a option for vibrate but not sounds. If this is the case does anyone know where you can recommend features to the OS?

I think there is a huge gap in not offering this functionality as well as reminder alerts standard in the OS. Every other phone on the planet has offered this for years.

Overall I like the device, but i'm worried I will be missing a lot of messages due to the limitations of the alerts. Any chance one of the beta OS's corrects this?

Thanks,
    02-28-09 02:32 PM
    Check out Blackberry Alerts. Sound alerts don't seem to work with the Storm, but the coloured LED notifications work just fine on mine.

- R.
    02-28-09 04:28 PM
    Yea i had that on my 8830 but it does not seem to play well with the storm. The main thing I need is the audible alerts...
    02-28-09 04:35 PM
    Anyone? Anyone know if this is corrected in of of the newer leaked OS's?
    03-02-09 08:57 PM
    Anyone have any tricks to be alerted since the profiles are rather limited?
    03-07-09 11:03 AM
    BlackBerry Alerts repeat alert function works on my Storm with either vibrate or audio.
    03-07-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD