When I look at the memory on my device it never changes. the application memory keeps going down--does anyone know why--and how can some memory be freed up? also--i have about 2gb on my 16gb card that doesnt seem to show either--and i know its on the card?
    01-28-09 07:24 AM
    Clean out browser cache/history/cookies, get rid of unwanted/unused apps, do a memory cleaner and a battery pull once in a while.
    01-28-09 07:28 AM
    I clean out the browser regularly, i do a memory cleaning all the time. How should I get rid of unwanted apps, how can I delete them--it says not installed but i still see the icons?
    01-28-09 07:57 AM
    What's the best way to clean the memory?
    01-28-09 08:25 AM
    Try the memory cleaning app that's on the phone. It works great for me. Go to Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning and change it to enabled, leave the other defaults as is, unless you don't like them.

Grey
    01-28-09 08:28 AM
    I clean out the browser regularly, i do a memory cleaning all the time. How should I get rid of unwanted apps, how can I delete them--it says not installed but i still see the icons?
    Some apps are like that, they come with the BB and those icons are pretty much there for you to know that you can download them. Some things to get rid of are Help, BrickBreaker, extra languages, Word Mole, Password Keeper, Memopad, Task..etc..

You have two ways
    1-On the phone, go to Options > Advance > Applications. Then highlight the app you want to get rid of then hit the BB button then hit delete.

2-On DM, plug in your BB then open DM then go to "Application Loader" then "Add/Remove Programs" then uncheck all the stuff you don't need then hit Next and it will go to a confirmation type screen saying it will Add/Remove these apps then once you are happy with what your checked/unchecked, then hit next and it will continue to remove unwanted apps.
    01-28-09 08:51 AM
    Thanks for the help RHCHan84
    01-28-09 10:19 AM
    RHCHan84--one more question--how can i delete the sample music and sample pictures/wallpaper????
    01-28-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD