As I go through the storm's specs on rim's website, it looks like it can't play DIVX or XVID files. However, both the curve and the bold can play divx and xvid. I'm wondering why storm owners don't have that function. Would this just be a software fix or is it hardware related? Are there any plans to make these 2 codecs available to the storm? Does anyone know? Thank you very much.
    01-22-09 02:23 PM
    Storm Media Player Specs:
    * MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV (Video format support)
    * MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus (Audio format support)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/bl...53/index4.html

DivX and XviD don't play correctly..video may work but audio will stutter or vice versa...RIM could fix it in a OS update if they really wanted too.
    01-22-09 02:42 PM
    If you convert an .avi or .xvid file thru Roxio Media Manager, will it change to one of the accepted files such as MPEG4?
    01-22-09 02:45 PM
    If you convert an .avi or .xvid file thru Roxio Media Manager, will it change to one of the accepted files such as MPEG4?
    Yes, but why you would EVER use Roxio is beyond me, that application is garbage and will suck the life out of you..I posted a guide above that will work much better for you and save you some sanity, many..many other programs out there will do it as well. A google search will show you the way.
    01-22-09 02:53 PM
    Yes, but why you would EVER use Roxio is beyond me, that application is garbage and will suck the life out of you.
    I know it's a bit off topic, but I just have to agree with that statement. On my system, there have been times when I caught the Roxio software hoarding over 1.5GB of RAM just for itself. My system has 6GB of RAM, so I can deal with that a lot better than people with less, even though I still killed them off and removed Media Manager.

As bad as iTunes is, it's just shy of infinitely better than that Roxio garbage supplied by RIM. And if you don't care about album art, you don't even need iTunes.
    01-22-09 03:17 PM
    Bla1ze is correct and the link provided is great! I used it (Super C), then drag and drop...
    01-22-09 03:24 PM
    ahm... i dl divx/xvid tv shows all the time and just dragged it to my storm and works fine...
    01-22-09 03:28 PM
    what fw do you have? to you convert them?
    02-16-09 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD