Okay Storm chasers, here's your chance to show your creative juices! To help pass the time while we wait on the much anticipated Storm to be release, etc...I thought it would be interesting to get feedback on the initial marketing of the Storm. Will it be used and spotted on a new TV show, during a game, iPhone like commercials (yes, I even compared iPhone commercials..lol).....how will we see it first? I know what I don't want to see, its that little "can you hear me now" guy!!

As some of you may have seen on another thread, I suggested that we will see Keiffer Sutherland ("24") dodging bullets while downloading a terrorist lists on his NEW BlackBerry Storm. "24" starts the end of this month. Granted the end of the month may be too late....but DAMMM that would be cool!
    09-30-08 10:24 PM
    I expect to see it in those damn catalogs of crap that everyone brings to work for their kids who are trying to raise money for their school/soccer team/boyscout troup/whatever.

Oh, let's see what I can buy this year for 10 times what it is worth...taffy...peanut brittle...non-functioning scissors...ugly wrapping paper...Blackberry Storm...cheese ball...imitation star wars edible action figures...

IMO...My guess is that VZW will not advertise the Storm until after it's release much like most of their other phones. The Dare, Voyager, and Chocolate didn;t start hitting the airwaves until after they were release I believe. VZW has already started a small marketing campaign with the emails and postcards they've sent out but won;t do anything significant until after the official release. I didn;t even see the iPhone advertised heavily until well after its release and subsequent issues. Maybe the looming Storm release has something to do with the unusually heavy iPhone commercial play lately?
    Last edited by ScootD; 09-30-08 at 10:42 PM.
    09-30-08 10:37 PM
    I expect to see it in those damn catalogs of crap that everyone brings to work for their kids who are trying to raise money for their school/soccer team/boyscout troup/whatever.

Oh, let's see what I can buy this year for 10 times what it is worth...taffy...peanut brittle...non-functioning scissors...ugly wrapping paper...Blackberry Storm...cheese ball...imitation star wars edible action figures...
    LOL!!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!
    09-30-08 10:39 PM
    Maybe during a game? On TBS in the BX during the Twins-WSox game, I saw the end of a Blackberry commercial (think I glimpsed the 8830).
    09-30-08 10:41 PM
    there was a blackberry commercial during the twins-wsox game. it was more of a commercial for blackberries in general though. i liked it. they had like a collage of images that was animated in a cool way. and of course there was some inspirational music playing in the background. i think their aim was to show how widespread and useful a blackberry could be in your life (hence the collage of images)
    Last edited by EraserXIV; 09-30-08 at 10:52 PM.
    09-30-08 10:47 PM
    Yea White Sox
    09-30-08 11:43 PM
    As some of you may have seen on another thread, I suggested that we will see Keiffer Sutherland ("24") dodging bullets while downloading a terrorist lists on his NEW BlackBerry Storm. "24" starts the end of this month. Granted the end of the month may be too late....but DAMMM that would be cool!
    Actually, "24" does not start until January. November will bring us the 2 hour movie that is airing on FOX. That movie serves as a bridge between season 6 and 7 because the writer's strike made the gap between the two so big.

I'm a "24" fan .
    09-30-08 11:54 PM
    @Stang
    Thanks for the clarification. I saw that "24" was airing the 2 hour show the end of Oct, didn't realize it was just a bridge...makes sense with writer strike and all. Nonetheless, I could see the Storm in the movie! If so, we can see if his Storm battery holds up over the "24" hour period of constant use. Ha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 12:01 AM
    @Stang
    Thanks for the clarification. I saw that "24" was airing the 2 hour show the end of Oct, didn't realize it was just a bridge...makes sense with writer strike and all. Nonetheless, I could see the Storm in the movie! If so, we can see if his Storm battery holds up over the "24" hour period of constant use. Ha

LOL, yeah, Jack Bauer has the infinite battery! That or he just swaps them. I guess we know he can't use an iPhone!

I could see VZW advertising during the "24" movie, though. Especially if they are sponsoring the film.
    10-01-08 12:06 AM
    we'll get system overload we will create a buzz by going to google to watch video.
    we will market to ourselves as usual...
    10-01-08 12:19 AM
    Funny you say that BerryReview had an article about how most people purchase phones based on info from blogs and word-of-mouth. VZW is doing a great job at that with the Storm.

10-01-08 07:46 AM
    AS mentioned in other threads, RIM / BB is a major sponsor of the baseball playoffs. I'll be watching tonight (Go Cubs!) maybe they'll play as a Storm approaches... October 1st ... Wednesday ...
    10-01-08 08:49 AM
    It appears Vodafone isn't messing around! Marketing flying all over the place via Vodafone. Come on VZW!! Oct 8th can get here fast enough.

10-03-08 01:49 AM
    I'm beginning to think the Storm will be released towards the end of Nov. There has only been 1 commercial and a weak a$$ web page so far, of which neither give any info on the phone....only COMING SOON. Bring on the marketing!! Let's get rolling with this device already. Talking about a snail pace roll out! GEEZ!

10-13-08 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD