To be honest, and I looooooooooooooooooooved my Curve, I don't get it. Why would someone pay so much for the 8900 when they could have a Storm?

The only thing 8900 had over the Storm IMO was an incredible screen reso. Other than that, it seemed like a faster Curve. I was going to buy the 8900 for my second business, but I'm just going to keep the Curve. T-Mobile wanted a 2 years contract extension and $300!!!!

Thank God I left T-Mobile and didnt wait for it. Very disappointing IMO...
    03-06-09 07:02 AM
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. The 8900 may seem like a faster Curve, but there are a lot of Curve lover's out there. So it kind of makes sense for RIM to design a BB that would make Curve owner's want to buy it. I don't know if that is why they did it or not, but again it still makes sense.

The Storm is a good looking device that I would not mind owning myself, but not everybody feels the same way.

In some crazy scheme to turn a profit, BB offers more than one option.

And I don't blame you... I would not have taken the deal with Tmo either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 07:19 AM
    The storm has a 480x380 resolution and the bold has 480x320. Side by side the clarity is comparable, you really can't tell them apart in terms of image quality.

03-06-09 09:02 AM
    Plus the 8900 is a good option for those who are dedicated keyboard users. The Storm is a nice device but if you love physical keyboards it will disappoint no matter how nice it is.
    03-06-09 09:06 AM
    Own both and both are great. The 8900 can't touch the storm on keyboard versatility for example if I'm having a smoke or standing up in public transport I can easily turn my storm in portrait and use the smaller keyboard options. However on reliability and speed the 8900 can't be beat. Both are great BBs to own.

03-06-09 09:19 AM
    I won't consider any converged device if it cannot do landscape. All web sites are built for landscape mode, computer screens are in landscape mode, all TomTom and Garmin devices that are sold in stores are in landscape mode. I can go on and on.

03-06-09 09:35 AM
    my vote for the 8900, over the storm, was won by the keyboard--i need my buttons.

03-06-09 01:17 PM
    Verizon will be getting their version of the 8900 aka Bold. It will be called the Niagra, and will be a stripped down version of the 8900.
    03-06-09 03:06 PM
    Verizon will be getting their version of the 8900 aka Bold. It will be called the Niagra, and will be a stripped down version of the 8900.
    8900 is not the Bold.
    8900=Javelin (Curve II)
    9000=Bold
    03-06-09 03:19 PM
    Seeing as the 83XX is 100x better than the Storm, the 8900 blow the Storm off this planet.

Once the 9630 comes out, Storm users will be far and few between.

03-06-09 03:23 PM
    I see you know jack about the storm and the 83xx series. And you are a troll. Go play on the curve forum or something.

03-06-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD