As I got up to the counter to get my storm, the rep told me that the storm will be locked to one number.

What I wanted to do was use my current number with the storm, add a new line, and give the other number to my sister with my curve. He told me that I was not able to do that, but I got the phone anyway.

I am not sure if this applies to just today and the opening weekend or if it will go on for a while.

When I got my curve I got it on a new line. The day after I got the phone via Vwireless, I switched the curve to my main line. I wanted to do the same with this phone, but like I said they wont let me.

Is there a way around this?

BTW, the phone kicks ****. I like. Just installed google sync and I am in the process of D/ling my contacts and email. WOOHOO!!
    11-21-08 10:36 AM
    We have done something like this at work. I think there's a way around it, but haven't gotten a chance to try it with the Storm.

Try this: Go into your account from the website, and find a link to "Activate Phone". (Of course the site would be slow right now.) And enter the ESN# (found under the battery or on the box) of the Storm onto your line. Then log in to your sister's account and do the same, except enter the ESN# of the Curve.

Pull the battery from both devices for about 5 minutes. Then only place the battery into the Storm. Dial *228, option 1 to activate and see if you get a message that says "Activation Successful/Complete." If so, you've got them swapped! You'll need to do the *228 thing again on the other line as well. If it's something in VZW's system, you may get an error when trying to enter the Storm's ESN onto your account/line.

This is important - MAKE SURE YOU TRY YOUR LINE FIRST. If you try to put the Curve on your sister's line first, you may get stuck with 2 phones on that line and an activation nightmare.

Let me know what happens because I ordered a Storm as an upgrade to another line.
    11-21-08 11:23 AM
    The page finally loaded. Use the "Activate Equipment" link for existing or replacement equipment. Not the one that will ask for the order number and location code.
    11-21-08 11:28 AM
    I just got my Storm this morning and had no problems doing the same exact thing you were trying to do. I added a new line, they gave my Storm the new number. Then they transfered my old number to the Storm, new number to my old phone and transfered all the pics, contacts, etc. Only took a couple minutes. Maybe they just wanted to get you out of the store because they were busy? I would stop back if it isn't out of the way.
    11-21-08 11:40 AM
    I just got my Storm this morning and had no problems doing the same exact thing you were trying to do. I added a new line, they gave my Storm the new number. Then they transfered my old number to the Storm, new number to my old phone and transfered all the pics, contacts, etc. Only took a couple minutes. Maybe they just wanted to get you out of the store because they were busy? I would stop back if it isn't out of the way.
    did you get it at a verizon store? cause i went and i want to do the same and get a new line for my dad since he is the only one with out a cell and needs it incase of an emergency, but they told me they would charge me 20 bucks for switching the numbers, but that it was free if i did it online i just done want to screw it up, i might just keep the new number when i get the storm hopefully i can get it in two weeks when i get paid.
    11-21-08 11:47 AM
    Yeah, the dude at the store is a dou-che who doesn't know what he's talking about. Just switch the ESN's online.
    11-21-08 11:48 AM
    That does sound like the OP's store was just lazy/busy.

Also, there shouldn't be a charge as this is just an ESN swap within their system. Much like swapping SIM cards on GSM networks. We do it all day in the business portal or by calling business support. I understand it's different for personal lines, but not by much.
    11-21-08 11:50 AM
    did you get it at a verizon store? ....

I did mine right at the Verizon Store. No fee to change the numbers.
    11-21-08 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD