I've been using storm lock for two days and now it wont work any thoughts?
    01-16-09 04:34 PM
    Just bought StormLock and won't work at all...
    01-16-09 04:35 PM
    Try TalkLock. Its free and seems, by your accounts, far more reliable.
    01-16-09 04:45 PM
    I've been using StormLock since a day or two after it came out... still working fine for me. Maybe send an e-mail over to Zaventh?
    01-16-09 04:47 PM
    Working very well for me. Phone is acting better since I removed talk lock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 04:54 PM
    I've been using StormLock since a day or two after it came out... still working fine for me. Maybe send an e-mail over to Zaventh?
    Sent them an e-mail. Hopefully they'll respond quickly. This is why I hate purchasing apps. They always seem to be the most unreliable. I bought Peek A Who and it was slow and awful. This may be the last app I purchase ever!

BTW, I had TalkLock which was OK at the most. It worked which was fine with me. I could've lived with the mem leaks and ugly screen. At least it worked! Too bad I deleted it after I bought StormLock. Ah well, it was free, might as well redownload.
    01-16-09 04:55 PM
    Sent them an e-mail. Hopefully they'll respond quickly. This is why I hate purchasing apps. They always seem to be the most unreliable. I bought Peek A Who and it was slow and awful. This may be the last app I purchase ever!

BTW, I had TalkLock which was OK at the most. It worked which was fine with me. I could've lived with the mem leaks and ugly screen. At least it worked! Too bad I deleted it after I bought StormLock. Ah well, it was free, might as well redownload.
    You can change the screen, I did. Just save a pic to png file type and name talklock-backgraound and save it in the user folder in the device memory. There is a thread out there about it. rockin; the thundercats logo on mine
    01-16-09 04:59 PM
    Hmm....I've had nothing but good things to say about StormLock and I've been using it for a week (and I didn't actually "buy" it, I used the free sample purchase option). I'd definitely give the good people at Zaventh.

TalkLock was horrible compared to StormLock. I was still unlocking the screen with my face. I love how you actually have to press a physical button to unlock it on stormlock.

Here's something too...did you uninstall TalkLock before or after you installed StormLock? That may have something to do with it. I made sure I uninstalled TalkLock first, and THEN installed StormLock.
    01-16-09 05:01 PM
    Hmm....I've had nothing but good things to say about StormLock and I've been using it for a week (and I didn't actually "buy" it, I used the free sample purchase option). I'd definitely give the good people at Zaventh.

TalkLock was horrible compared to StormLock. I was still unlocking the screen with my face. I love how you actually have to press a physical button to unlock it on stormlock.

Here's something too...did you uninstall TalkLock before or after you installed StormLock? That may have something to do with it. I made sure I uninstalled TalkLock first, and THEN installed StormLock.
    Yes I did.
    01-16-09 05:05 PM
    Yes I did.
    You entered the registration code in the StormLock section of the options menu and then selected register, right?
    01-16-09 05:09 PM
    Thats the thing. There is no register option. Options>Advanced Options>Applications>StormTalk

When I click menu key all I get is

Help
    View Properties
    Edit Permissions
    Enable Compatibility Mode
    Delete
    Modules
    Edit Default Permissions
    Show Keyboard
    Switch Application
    Close

And if I actually click on storm lock and hit menu

Edit Permissions
    Show Keyboard
    Switch Application
    Close
    01-16-09 05:13 PM
    Nope...not advanced options.

Go Direct.
    Options>StormLock.
    01-16-09 05:15 PM
    This just in...

...I'm a ****!!!

Thanks
    01-16-09 05:17 PM
    This just in...

...I'm an *****!!!

Thanks
    Let me know if it works!
    01-16-09 05:18 PM
    Yeah it worked. Obviously my riddlin didn't though.
    01-16-09 05:27 PM
    yep it works great for me too. so much better than talklock.

talklock i sometimes managed to unlock with my face because you dont need to have your finger in the unlock spot for it to work, it will work anywhere on the screen. so if you swipe your face against it, it unlocks.

plus it was giving me big memory leaks, my phone would slow to a crawl after it was running for a few days.

i also disliked the fact that it hid the screen, i want to be able to see the call time, etc.

also, i didnt like having CELL AVANT plastered on the screen with their website in big letters. if they did offer a $2 version without the ad, i would consider it, if they fixed the above issues.

for now stormlock is the best for this storm user.
    01-16-09 05:37 PM
    where is the register code. is that the Activation Code...if so it didn't work
    01-21-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD