I have Storm 9500; I don't use a holster, so I carry the phone in my pocket; the screen lock is very handy to prevent accidental button presses, but the issue is the phone is unlock the screen any of the physical buttons are pressed; and since those physical buttons are so easy to press, the screen will wake up and do whatever. Issue is that this wastes a lot of battery power and makes it difficult to make it through a day of emails without running out of batteries along the way.

My question is how do I make it so that the only way to unlock the screen is the button on top?

Regards.
    06-24-09 11:06 PM
    I'm guessing your probably hitting the button in your pocket. You might want to look into the stormslider or pattern lock app.. I use storm slider and it works beautifully

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 12:59 AM
    sounds almost like you're running .141
    06-25-09 02:13 AM
    I'm guessing your probably hitting the button in your pocket. You might want to look into the stormslider or pattern lock app.. I use storm slider and it works beautifully
    Will look into that.

sounds almost like you're running .141
    And yes I'm running .141

Is there a more up-to-date version?
    06-25-09 03:04 AM
    .148 has a functional screen lock. I used to have storm slider but since upgrading my OS, it's not necessary.

06-25-09 04:22 AM
    141 lock is foobar'd get 148 and problem solved
    06-25-09 09:34 AM
    .148 has a functional screen lock. I used to have storm slider but since upgrading my OS, it's not necessary.

141 lock is foobar'd get 148 and problem solved
    I have a Vodafone 9500, so I couldn't find the 148 for it on CB, so I just got the 151. Looks like problem has been solved. Thanks folks.
    06-28-09 09:09 PM
    You might want to look into the stormslider or pattern lock app.. I use storm slider and it works beautifully
    I prefer the free app AutoLock. It doesn't have the gimmicky iPhone style slider, but it uses that space to display the owner info, which is going to do more good if I leave my locked Stprm someplace.
    06-29-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD