I was ready to return my phone but for some reason today a the lag disappeared ...I'm using the official os .75 which I upgraded to on Friday...so now I'm fintally happy
    12-07-08 02:53 PM
    I think it does but that's just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 03:05 PM
    I agree...one example is the accelerator was slow when I first started using the phone, but the response has gotten better with usage. I did not do the upgrade either.
    12-07-08 03:14 PM
    I think it does need time at least on the users part. It takes some time to get familular with the text entry and the navigation. Some of the small buggs you also learn to get around. Although the latest upgrade seems to make that better and ones that have yet to come will do more to address these issues. I really like this phone and it will get better and better as time goes on.
    12-07-08 03:16 PM
    I can't speak to the Storm because I'm awaiting a replacement since my "Menu/Back" button was about to fall off.

But when I recently bought a new Pearl, out of the box for the first day is acted really sluggish. My wife has been using it lately and it is very fast. I think the device/OS needs time to speed up. Can't say why, just my opinion.
    12-07-08 03:18 PM
    I wouldn't say that it's so much that it needs a break in time as it is users getting used to the lag/overall slowness. Hopefully a future software update will help even more.
    12-07-08 03:44 PM
    You are talking about software not hardware like a car. If anything it would slow down over time as the memory fills. I know the accelerometer has something to do with hardware but it's mostly a software issue.
    12-07-08 03:47 PM
    may just be psychological, but i find the screen to be much more responsive to clicking/typing now. sort of like it's "loosened up" - reminds me of when the scroll wheel and track ball loosened up on my old bbs.
    12-07-08 03:56 PM
    I read somewhere that it does learn its user somewhat.
    12-07-08 03:57 PM
    It needs time to learn your input for typing. When you type a word that it doesnt recognize it saves it so eventually typing gets easier. Not only that but once everything is set up it starts running smoother. It definitely needs a break in time.

Only gets better the more you use it!
    12-07-08 04:24 PM
    Until I began using BB's, I would always wait about three months before buying the latest greatest new phone that was released. The one thing that I have learned about BB's is that any bugs are normally worked out via software upgrades that can be done over the internet instead of having to go into a store and having a technician take care of it. When I first got the Storm I was threatening to return it and switch back to my 8830, but the longer I have it the more happier I have become with it.
    12-07-08 04:42 PM
    Only mechanical devices need breakins. Electronic ones do not. That's my viewpoint anyway. The Storm has no learning logic to it either, so it won't run better the longer you use it.... unless you're talking about word autocomplete... which it can learn from based on your typing if you have it set like that.
    12-07-08 04:59 PM
    Well the storm has a processor and if it like building a new PC then yes you need to break it in.
    12-07-08 05:14 PM
    Well sure type learns from the user, but the rest of the phone doesn't. With any new device it's unreasonable for the user to assume that they will know every aspect of the item right away.

So maybe the OP is like a car.
    12-07-08 05:18 PM
    Well the storm has a processor and if it like building a new PC then yes you need to break it in.
    What??? Processors do not break-in; thermal grease/insulation may need a break-in period, but that only affects heat transfer, not performance.

I'd say it's more likely that the user is getting more used to the Storm as time progresses. Customized settings, typing shortcuts, updated firmware, etc.
    12-07-08 05:28 PM
    It has nothing to me being to used to the phone... The thing stopped lagging today.. Maybe its scared I'll return it
    12-07-08 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD