Wow..this just came out and it looks awesome! Check out the video here:

http://crackberry.com/storm-level-pr...-accelerometer

Can grab it in our software store at:

Storm Level Pro (BlackBerry Storm Only) - Entertainment BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store)

Or visit CrackBerryAppStore.com on your BlackBerry and get it there.
    01-17-09 11:12 AM
    Before I would buy this, I might test my device and accelerometer against a true leveling device. I am running .86 and with my device, using http://www.spampeg.com/Accelerometer...ometerDemo.jad I found that my device/accelerometer is slightly off.

Just my opinion...
    01-17-09 11:28 AM
    I used the accelerometer demo and found my phone to be off as well. However, since the program has a calibration tool, you should be able to calibrate it to something to make up for this. That means you will need a flat surface and a level to calibrate it, which might make the app pointless since you had to have a level to begin with. But I suppose the convenience of not having to carry a level with you everywhere might be worth the $5 to you.
    01-17-09 11:36 AM
    I used the accelerometer demo and found my phone to be off as well. However, since the program has a calibration tool, you should be able to calibrate it to something to make up for this. That means you will need a flat surface and a level to calibrate it, which might make the app pointless since you had to have a level to begin with. But I suppose the convenience of not having to carry a level with you everywhere might be worth the $5 to you.
    Just a joking point...

How many times have you thought to yourself, "Dagnabit! I wish I had a level to see if __________ is level. Oh yea, my Storm does it!"

I'm guessing folks in the construction industry won't be dumping their traditional levels to grab up this application.

Second joking point...

There is a lot of talk about useless iPhone apps and how BB users don't need these apps on their device. However, we get this app.

In all honest, I hope this application takes off and does well, forging a path for future applications which use the accelerometer.
    01-17-09 11:42 AM
    I would never pay 5 bucks for this as I would only use it as a novelty.
    01-17-09 11:44 AM
    This is awsome for me since everytime I look for my level in my apartment I can never find it, but I always know where my Storm is.
    01-17-09 11:55 AM
    i am a general contractor and when i saw this app i got kind of excited but after thinking about it, i doubt i will have any use for it.

comparison:

- w/o the app = grab my level

- w/ the app = 1. clean my hands to make sure i dont get any dust on or in the storm. 2. find my phone, since i cant have it in an area where dust is flying around. 3. find the app in my phone and wait for it to load up 4. clean any saw dust or particles away from the object so i dont get anything on or in the phone 5. hope that the accelerometer is precise.

not worth the $5 for me. but that is just me.

very glad to see fun apps coming out though.
    01-17-09 12:17 PM
    this app would be great if it was free
    01-17-09 12:58 PM
    dude i bought this app and love it, but i probly wont be using it much, it is just something i thought was cool.
    01-17-09 01:15 PM
    The idea is cool, but like a couple of the other posters, if I were doing something that actually required a level, I would be too worried about damaging the Storm with dust, paint, etc., that I would just go find one of my real levels. It might be nice as a curiosity to show off at a party, but that's it.
    01-17-09 01:19 PM
    I am a contractor myself and would find this useless. Why would you trust a digital level on a professional project. I say make it free or have 5,000 people try it. My wife might like it. The only thing I might use it for is leveling around the house.
    01-17-09 01:42 PM
    I don't understand why it's 5 bucks. I mean I know the creator had to build it, but 5 bucks? I'd definitely buy it if it was maybe 2 dollars. Isn't stuff like this on the app store free? Maybe not.
    01-17-09 03:39 PM
    Cool app, but I do see some people building allot of unlevel stuff..
    01-17-09 03:41 PM
    stuff like this is normally like one or maybe 2 dollars for the iphone.
    01-17-09 03:41 PM
    Yea, I would only use this for novelty...
    01-17-09 03:47 PM
    why does everything cost $$$ on the iphone and BB but a winmo phone everything is free?
    01-17-09 04:12 PM
    What a joke...$5?? How is this not free?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 05:22 PM
    It works great, and there's a "calibrate" button so you can get it to correct for your accelerometer.

I wish they'd add a "bullseye" level option for it, like is available on the "G1", but it's cool enough, and I was willing to blow $5 on it.
    01-17-09 05:29 PM
    stuff like this is normally like one or maybe 2 dollars for the iphone.
    I just checked and they have one for free for the iPod and iPhone that looks pretty much just like this one. It also is able to be calibrated, just like this one.
    01-17-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD