Heeeelp!! I just got my Storm today but it doesn't seem to be seen by my Apple Power PC, I'm using Leopard OS, connected via USB. Is there something I'm missing here?
    02-08-09 04:34 PM
    Heeeelp!! I just got my Storm today but it doesn't seem to be seen by my Apple Power PC, I'm using Leopard OS, connected via USB. Is there something I'm missing here?
    At least you don't have any viruses on that computer that is compatible with absolutely nothing.

Just kidding. I wish I could help dude.
    Last edited by Thomas271973; 02-08-09 at 04:38 PM.
    02-08-09 04:36 PM
    Haha, careful insulting Mac users, they have even more pent up anger than Storm owners.

To the OP, RIM doesn't officially support a desktop client for any Mac OS. I've heard of a few applications that do some syncing, but I'm a Mac user will chime in soon and give you allt he details.
    02-08-09 04:41 PM
    Haha, careful insulting Mac users, they have even more pent up anger than Storm owners.

To the OP, RIM doesn't officially support a desktop client for any Mac OS. I've heard of a few applications that do some syncing, but I'm a Mac user will chime in soon and give you allt he details.
    Indeed.... I think the advice I've seen posted by a few Geniuses when asked about how to use DM with a mac they say:

Borrow a PC. Sry. Maybe try a windows emulator?
    02-08-09 05:41 PM
    There was an update to Leopard that somehow disables the connection. If you enable media mode, then your laptop should be able to see the media card but sadly not the phone.

What I do is run VMWare Fusion and Desktop Manager. In truth, I really don't need it. I keep everything on my media card anyway and use Google Sync to sync my contacts and calendar.

It is nice to have DM for OS upgrades and to officially backup. But I'm probably going to try the OTA upgrade with the next official release anyway.
    02-08-09 06:35 PM
    02-08-09 06:39 PM
    At least you don't have any viruses on that computer that is compatible with absolutely nothing.

Just kidding. I wish I could help dude.
    As counter-productive as this post was, it made me chuckle, thanks.
    02-08-09 09:32 PM
    Lies, there was a trojan released this month for Macs.

Of course, people who got it deserved it since they got it from a pirated copy of iWork
    02-08-09 09:47 PM
    Haha, ob wasnt too many people got it then
    most already had it
    02-08-09 10:34 PM
    Make sure you have mass storage mode turned on. I prefer having it prompt me so when i plug it in just to charge, i don't forget to eject it before i unplug it cuz it wasn't mounted in the first place. Also, when you have it auto mount it seems Blackberry 1 doesn't always mount. When it's set to prompt you, it seems to always (almost) prompt you twice to mount both blackberry 1 (device memory) and blackberry 2 (media card) which are both necessary to sync contacts and media.

That being said, in my experience it's easier to use VMWare to sync your stuff.
    Last edited by ClintAustin; 02-09-09 at 02:19 PM.
    02-09-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD