Via BGR:

BlackBerry Storm launching on Vodafone world wide November 9th? : Boy Genius Report

We�re working to completely confirm this info, but it does sound about right. Two of our sources have told us that Vodafone�s global launch date for the BlackBerry Storm is on November 9th. No telling if Verizon�s release date is the same, but we had heard November 7th for Verizon, so who knows. There are also rumblings about an October 9th Verizon/Vodafone/RIM press event in New York City. Hold on BlackBerry fans, you won�t even recognize the Bold in about a month�
    10-01-08 10:45 AM
    Until I hear it from Verizon or RIM, I'm not believing any release dates.
    10-01-08 10:49 AM
    Bah...where is our "leaked" VZW information for the day...
    10-01-08 10:51 AM
    Early to mid November sounds about right. Who really cares about the leaked date? Verizon will announce it when it's the right time. What is it going to do for you if you know the exact launch date?
    10-01-08 10:54 AM
    Our government account rep quoted Nov. 9th as the date they have been given {subject to change} late last week.
    10-01-08 10:57 AM
    Why would Verizon release a phone on a Sunday? I guess perhaps if it was called the Jesus, but it's the Storm.
    10-01-08 11:00 AM
    This is not concrete at all. BG is just assuming November 7th based off of the Vodafone release date (which is still under speculation). Either way, beginning of November is the only legit info we know.
    10-01-08 11:02 AM
    Direct quote to me from The Boy Genius:

Not at all. Just think that with the huge marketing push VZW and RIM are doing, regular people won’t even know what a Bold is come November. I personally still think Storm will be a piece of garbage…
    10-01-08 11:03 AM
    VZW is "supposed" to release the Storm before their sister company Vodafone. So that makes sense that VZW would release on Nov 3rd like most of us have been predicting.

Wonder if Vegas has a line on this??
    10-01-08 11:06 AM
    Direct quote to me from The Boy Genius:

Wow, not surprising. He hates the Storm based on what?
    10-01-08 11:13 AM
    Wow, not surprising. He hates the Storm based on what?
    I asked him...waiting for the response.
    10-01-08 11:15 AM
    Bah...where is our "leaked" VZW information for the day...
    Remember that "pre-launch" internal memo that showed a "Consumer email" that was supposed to go out today. Still waiting on that.
    10-01-08 11:20 AM
    What is it going to do for you if you know the exact launch date?
    By knowing the exact date, people can make a decision to either wait for this phone, or get something else.
    10-01-08 11:24 AM
    i've heard about a press event in NY at the New Yorker Hotel in early to mid October
    10-01-08 11:43 AM
    Why would Verizon release a phone on a Sunday? I guess perhaps if it was called the Jesus, but it's the Storm.
    sounds right i remember the voyager was released on sunday and by monday after noon the phone was sold out phone will be out nov 7 in stores though avail for corp nov 1st
    10-01-08 12:50 PM
    God , i honestly feel like choking boy genius ... all he dose it hate on RIM and suck the ball sack of apple. It used to be a non bias site .. but now , ist RIM this RIM that APPLE rules kind of bull $hit !
    10-01-08 12:50 PM
    I asked him...waiting for the response.
    You more than likely won't EVER get a response. BG is an iPhone PHREAK!
    10-01-08 01:30 PM
    anyone hear anything on pricing yet?
    10-01-08 01:32 PM
    It used to be a non bias site .. but now , ist RIM this RIM that APPLE rules kind of bull $hit !
    Don't let it get to you. I've been reading his bullsheet but haven't said anything. I simply sit back and watch as he hangs by his own noose.

You know the old saying "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

He doesn't seem to need help from anyone to make a complete jackarse out of himself (and what he represents) in public.
    10-01-08 01:34 PM
    anyone hear anything on pricing yet?
    Yeah, it's not free.
    10-01-08 01:34 PM
    Don't let it get to you. I've been reading his bullsheet but haven't said anything. I simply sit back and watch as he hangs by his own noose.

You know the old saying "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

He doesn't seem to need help from anyone to make a complete jackarse out of himself (and what he represents) in public.
    Yah your right ... i couldnt agree with you more ... BG needs to grow up and get a blackberry , then ... maby then ... he can become .. MG lol..
    10-01-08 04:23 PM
    I am just going to rationalize the price as a christmas and bday present together from myself!!
    10-01-08 04:32 PM
    God , i honestly feel like choking boy genius ... all he dose it hate on RIM and suck the ball sack of apple. It used to be a non bias site .. but now , ist RIM this RIM that APPLE rules kind of bull $hit !
    I too have read the rants from that nitwit BG, but is it possible that Verizon is delaying the release of the Storm because of code issues? I'm just asking a question. And wasn't Verizon suppose to be releasing weekly information, or was the storm revolving in a 360 rotation considered newsworthy?
    10-01-08 04:44 PM
    The release date : (11/1-11/3 with 11-2 looking to be official nation wide release date with a possible sneak preview a few days earlier in choice major cities)
    The price : (2 yr price between 249.99 and 199.99-not final yet).
    10-01-08 09:22 PM
    Kevin, is that date pretty accurate? I keep hearing RIM has been having trouble with the coding for the phone so is it possible it could be delayed?
    10-01-08 10:58 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD