Does anyone else have the same problem as me that when I'm typing any message, whether its through BBM or regular SMS text, the keyboard goes away at least 5 times while typing and sometimes the cursor goes back to the beginning of the sentence. I love the storm for the most part, but this has really been frustrating. I'm not sure if I'm typing too fast, but it should be able to keep up with me! If anyone knows what I'm talking about, is there a way to fix this????
    01-08-09 08:35 AM
    usually happens if I accidently swipe down on the keyboard (which hides it) while i'm typing. usually my own fault not a phone problem.
    01-08-09 08:45 AM
    yeah, I almost feel like if I type too fast the keyboard lags a little and can't keep up with me. It has like a 2 second delay and when it can finally catch up with me, I see the blue moving all over the screen and usually thats when the keyboard goes away. Is there anyway to get rid of the shortcut feature of getting rid of the keyboard and just being able to get rid of it by pressing the blackberry button??
    01-08-09 08:53 AM
    Never I notice a lag in the blue cursor but the phone still registers my clicks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 09:24 AM
    Does anyone else have the same problem as me that when I'm typing any message, whether its through BBM or regular SMS text, the keyboard goes away at least 5 times while typing and sometimes the cursor goes back to the beginning of the sentence. I love the storm for the most part, but this has really been frustrating. I'm not sure if I'm typing too fast, but it should be able to keep up with me! If anyone knows what I'm talking about, is there a way to fix this????
    You're swiping/touching the screen other than the keyboard. That's why it's disappearing. Funny but that's actually a useful feature in web browser or some other apps.
    01-08-09 09:36 AM
    yeah, I almost feel like if I type too fast the keyboard lags a little and can't keep up with me. It has like a 2 second delay and when it can finally catch up with me, I see the blue moving all over the screen and usually thats when the keyboard goes away. Is there anyway to get rid of the shortcut feature of getting rid of the keyboard and just being able to get rid of it by pressing the blackberry button??
    No. There's not.

The one thing you can do is tweak the sensitivity settings so that maybe your finger gently touching the screen doesn't make the keyboard disappear everytime.

go to Setup > options > Screen/Keyboard > scroll down to "Touchscreen" and change it however you want. If you do a search on here you will find some threads about what screen settings people use.
    01-08-09 09:41 AM
    i have been trying to search for the keyboard settings thread so far no luck...can anyone help?
    01-08-09 06:38 PM
    i have been trying to search for the keyboard settings thread so far no luck...can anyone help?
    its there somewhere but to save you time if you're a fast typer go with something like 100, 100, 3 on the screen/keyboard options.....this should help.
    01-08-09 06:51 PM
    its there somewhere but to save you time if you're a fast typer go with something like 100, 100, 3 on the screen/keyboard options.....this should help.

tried that..definately helped......thank you. rest may just be fat thumbs....lol
    01-08-09 07:30 PM
    Man that helped alot!
    01-09-09 03:59 PM

it happens to me all the time, im glad im not the only one
    01-09-09 05:21 PM
    Im betting your accidently swiping your finger down the keyboard. I noticed this as it started happening to me.
    01-09-09 06:16 PM
    Getting it a bit, but I find it useful in a way since it makes me concentrate once it has happened.

My main gripe, if you can call it that, is the fact that every time I switch keyboard orientation in Word To Go, I have to reenter edit mode before continuing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 07:54 PM
    thanks for all the help everyone. I tried changing the settings. Although it helped a little, I'm still having the same problem. I've also been trying to make a conscious effort of pickig up my thumbs while typing rather than dragging. It has made a small difference, but it still happens. I guess I'll keep trying the settings and seeing how that works. Thanks!
    01-13-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD