I don't have that many apps on it at all. The 8 gig card is like 6 gigs filled though. That's all, i have no idea why it keeps lagging every time i click the hold button off and on. Even if i need to make a quick phone call the the mini clock things comes on for a minute and it wont go away after a minute. How do i fix this?
    05-19-10 07:40 PM
    I don't have that many apps on it at all. The 8 gig card is like 6 gigs filled though. That's all, i have no idea why it keeps lagging every time i click the hold button off and on. Even if i need to make a quick phone call the the mini clock things comes on for a minute and it wont go away after a minute. How do i fix this?
    idk my phone does the same thing if u find out please tell me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 09:01 PM
    Try cleaning up your SMS & email folders. Files too if stored on the phone memory rather than the sd card. This phone doesn't have much room to spare.
    Also make sure you are closing apps when you're done rather than just backing out.
    Oh and an occasional battery pull works wonders too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 09:47 PM
    lagging is almost normal for the STORM...

The SD card has nothing to do with the storing of applications (except of some data) or the operation of the OS. It can't "page file" to the extra space on your card...

Rebooting your phone can clear up your memory - do it regularly by pulling the battery.

Watchout for some application or themes that can cause memory leaks. Get rid of any that you do not use.

Check you application memory OPTIONS > MEMORY > depending on which os you are running the number of applications running and the location of the moon you should have 20 - 50MB on start-up.
    05-20-10 08:22 AM
    I have at least a dozen apps, a few months worth (a ton) of emails and SMS, and I haven't had to pull the battery in as long as I can remember. It's not the phone, its the software, *you* put something on there eating up memory and cpu time. What's filling the SD card? You don't have 55,000 ringtones loaded, do you? Try to think back to when it didn't do that, what apps might you have loaded. It only takes one bloated piece of crap app to ruin the phone, try removing some of them and see if it gets better, then narrow your search to find the one or two that are hogging the phone.
    05-20-10 08:31 AM
    Here let's try it this way.

1) What OS (Operating System) do you currently have on the phone? (If you don't know, you can get this by going to Options --> About and reading the third line, the one that starts v)
    2) What is every application you currently have on the phone? Those are what can cause the phone to run slowly. What are themes you have, if any?
    3) Do a battery pull. When the phone restarts, go into Options --> Memory. What does it say currently under Application Memory--> Free Space?
    4) Make sure you fully exit every application on the phone by doing blackberry key --> exit/close (whichever one is applicable) when you are done using it. Just pressing the back or end key does not close applications. To see what you have running, hold down the Blackberry key and a row of icons will appear. The standard 5 that will always appear are Phone, Messages (envelope), BBM (talk bubble symbol), Browser (globe) and Home Screen (house). Everything else you should make sure you close.
    Last edited by cdowner; 05-20-10 at 02:18 PM.
    05-20-10 02:16 PM
    You could also have a corrupt database. Any new apps or themes installed that you can delete? If not, and it was my phone, I'd back it up, wipe it and reinstall the OS without restoring your data. Re-sync with whatever you have your contacts/calendar on and use it for a day, then slowly add stuff back on.
    05-20-10 05:29 PM
    i got 4 apps running, life in pocket, gmail, google maps, backup assistant and everytime i click the hold/lock button that dial comes up then it locks. Why does it have to keep appearing everytime i click that button?
    05-27-10 06:55 PM
    Take it out back and shoot it! Seriously, it's not going to get any better.
    05-27-10 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD