in the middle of an sms conversation my phone went bonkers. The antenna shut off an shows "SOS", i have a triangle above my clock, under "Mobile network" it shows t mobile (i use verizon only) and a battery pull and reboot still hasn't fixed anything. any ideas? i just went back to a backup i had from two days ago and i have service now and it shows verizon but i can't send sms messages, only make voice calls. weird.

EDIT fixed it...mobile network options>bb key>diagnostics test...ran that and once it was completed i got a msg saying i was registered to the bb network and bam, everythings back to normal
    Last edited by polskasila; 05-30-09 at 12:23 PM.
    05-30-09 12:34 AM
    Go to Option - Mobile Network - Set network technology to 1XEV...
    05-30-09 12:39 AM
    Set network to XEV instead of Global. Dial *22899 Send. Call VZW and thank them for dropping the radios off the closest tower to where you were during your SMS conversation as part of their Alltel divestment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 12:39 AM
    Also, if you don't do much roaming try setting the

Options>Mobile Network>Network Selection Mode to Home Only
    05-30-09 12:42 AM
    in the middle of an sms conversation my phone went bonkers. The antenna shut off an shows "SOS", i have a triangle above my clock, under "Mobile network" it shows t mobile (i use verizon only) and a battery pull and reboot still hasn't fixed anything. any ideas? i just went back to a backup i had from two days ago and i have service now and it shows verizon but i can't send sms messages, only make voice calls. weird.
    Are you located in FL? A few friends and I had the same problem tonight around the same time. Must've been a network issue cause everything seems back to normal
    05-30-09 01:02 AM
    Are you located in FL? A few friends and I had the same problem tonight around the same time. Must've been a local network issue cause everything seems back to normal
    05-30-09 01:03 AM
    i'm up in CT i'm gonna try all that above stuff now whenever it decides to work my friends gonna get about 12 msgs with just a question mark lol

edit: while it boots up, it was also saying not connected under blackberry internet...and i had no browser anymore
    Last edited by polskasila; 05-30-09 at 01:24 AM.
    05-30-09 01:22 AM
    shows full service on the antenna thing, 1xev underneath it. it keeps putting arrows back an fourth over the antenna bars like i'm sending an recieving something.

under mobile network it says verizon wireless with a check mark. service status:
    connection: mobile network connected
    blackberry internet service: not connected
    mobile network: 1xev

still no dice. i am able to connect to google talk and aim...
    Last edited by polskasila; 05-30-09 at 01:32 AM.
    05-30-09 01:30 AM
    Yep, possible network issue.

Go to bed and check it in the morning. Or call VZW and wake some poor sap up from his nap to ask if there's network issues with BB service.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-30-09 at 01:33 AM.
    05-30-09 01:31 AM
    alright i'm able to send/recieve message but no internet. None of my apps work, no browser, and still says "not connected" under bb internet. When i open any of my online apps it says something about i should purchase a data plan. oh and when i did *22899 it says "unsucessful"
    05-30-09 12:01 PM
    You have no data connection if it says 1xev, it has to say 1XEV for the data connection to be working.

05-30-09 12:16 PM
    i didnt think it mattered if it was caps or not..but yes it says 1XEV. and i cant send mms either
    05-30-09 12:19 PM
    fixed, read first post
    05-30-09 12:29 PM
    CAPS means you have data, lowercase means no data. Pull the battery a few times.

BTW, if you're running OS .132-141 you WILL lose data after you dial *228. You have to reboot to get it back. I suggest upgrading to .148.

05-30-09 12:30 PM
    Hopefully this isnt a sign of things to come with your phone. My phone was mis-behaving very similarly before it finally crapped out. I have to manually register my phone at least once a day.

Now I'm playing tag with VZW trying to get a decent warrantly replacement.
    05-30-09 03:30 PM
    Off topic I know, but I figured I'd jump in anyway. People say I sound like I have 'marbles in my mouth' on calls, especially in/around my house. Phone showing strong IXEV. Any thoughts? (Still on .75, going to upgrade t'w to .148.) Will this fix problem?
    05-30-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD