I have found that the media manager for the Storm is really, really slow and doesn't work very well. For example, it is only finding about half the music in my Itunes library. Is there a better way to do this?
    02-28-09 07:50 PM
    honestly, what I did was rename my itunes folder "music", plugged in my storm to my PC and then dragged the music folder into my memory card folder on the storm. Just remember to rename your itunes folder back to "itunes music" or itunes will not be able to find your music.
    02-28-09 07:54 PM
    Use Windows Explorer instead.
    02-28-09 07:55 PM
    Use Windows Explorer instead.
    that is what I meant, Just open the folder that carrys your itunes folder, and in a different window open your blackberry and then your media folder on the blackberry and drag.
    02-28-09 07:58 PM
    Are you using the "Blackberry Media Manager" made especially for ITunes? That's what I used on my BB. It found all of my music that I have in my ITunes library. It doesn't load DRM-protected music to the BB though

na.blackberry.com/eng/services/media

Can't post links...don't have enough posts yet.
    02-28-09 08:09 PM
    Use the BB Media Sync, best thing to sync with, get it from BB's site.
    02-28-09 08:19 PM
    I have this same problem. Try a battery pull and it should recognize more songs. I have 1700+ songs and initially the phone will only recognize about 1200. I have to do battery pulls until it recognizes all of them. It's really annoying. I let RIM know of the issue but I never heard back.

I'm on .75 by the way.
    02-28-09 08:24 PM
    When folks are saying use the Media Sync Manager from RIM, they are saying use a SEPARATE instance of this program - one that runs on your PC WITHOUT being under your Desktop Manager - which is what you are doing, right ?

Doctor Neutron
    02-28-09 08:31 PM
    For some reason I can't download what you describe. My computer keeps freezing. I'm using the desktop manager/media manager that comes with the phone. However, I have a folder watch on my itunes folder but its only picking up 50% of my songs.
    03-01-09 12:20 AM
    Can I not download songs that I bought from itunes?
    03-01-09 12:24 AM
    Can I not download songs that I bought from itunes?
    You can if they were i-tunes plus songs which have no Digital rights management, these should play fine on most devices

if you hover over the track name and it says (protected) iy has DRM and will only play in i tunes
    03-01-09 12:30 AM
    I just drag and drop music from the itunes program into the music folder on my storm and never have had a problem with the ddrm protected songs.
    03-01-09 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD