Just as it says..^ Is that normal? Just wondering. The backlight lights up but it makes no sound..

Edit: and yes I have the ringer on. It works before I plug it in, then when I plug it it nothing.
    Last edited by russap5; 12-24-08 at 02:04 PM.
    12-24-08 02:01 PM
    Ok so I may have figured it out. When its connected, I have it set for Mass Storage Mode automatically. So what is happening is the PC is accessing the media card where my ringtone is so the phone cannot play it. Under phone ringer options while PC connected, it changes the ringtone to one installed on the phone memory, but that ringtone is still not playing. I guess its just a simple issue and not something broken.
    12-24-08 02:13 PM
    Good job working it out. And thanks for posting your solution so that others may benefit.

Happy Holidays.
    12-25-08 10:04 AM
    Ok so I may have figured it out. When its connected, I have it set for Mass Storage Mode automatically. So what is happening is the PC is accessing the media card where my ringtone is so the phone cannot play it. Under phone ringer options while PC connected, it changes the ringtone to one installed on the phone memory, but that ringtone is still not playing. I guess its just a simple issue and not something broken.
    I created a Custom profile - named "Cradled" and set it to use a ring tone from the memory and no vibration. now when I'm going to leave it in the cradle to charge I set that Profile and it will ring when plugged in.
    12-25-08 10:28 AM
    I created a Custom profile - named "Cradled" and set it to use a ring tone from the memory and no vibration. now when I'm going to leave it in the cradle to charge I set that Profile and it will ring when plugged in.
    I tried this and it didn't work. Created a custom profile, chose an alert that is on the device memory (i think, all the preloaded tones are on the device memory right?) and even choose no when it asks me if i want to enable mass media storage mode, and my tone still doesn't play when I receive a text.
    02-10-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD