So, I'm a confessed iPhone 3G lover but being in the position I am in my company, I get to constantly test new phones and devices.

I have the STorm 9530 now.. Is it me or is the internet on it really REALLY slow?

I have the Cisco GIST program installed on both the iPhone and on this Storm and I've run a TON of tests on both, coverage is in Irvine, CA so it's full bars.

I am getting over 1Mbit on the iPhone and on the Storm, it hovers at roughly 200kbps.

Now I know the Cisco GIST program is bandwidth to and from the Cisco routers, but you'd think it would be at least a little more?

Is there another BW test I can run on the Storm to more accurately test the data? Isn't the Storm RevA?
    03-02-09 12:10 PM
    I'm extremely disappointed by the browser performance. It sometimes takes 3-4 minutes to load simple web pages, if they load at all (lots of entity too large messages). I've tried changing browsers, clearing the caches, soft resets, etc. It really is pretty useless if you really need it for checking flights, for example. I tried the Opera mini route, but I guess the Storm/Verizon isn't supported. Between that and the camera, I'm wondering what in the heck to do. The parts of the phone that I love, I really love. But, the web browser is kind of important and it's so frustrating to try and use it. I've got not answers, unfortunately, just commiseration.
    03-02-09 12:24 PM
    I am having the same issues. Have stuck with the Storm since Nov. , but if they don't fix the OS soon, I am going to bail.
    03-02-09 03:31 PM
    Just hold out for the os fix, I have been doing most of the beta os leaks and each one is 3 steps forward and maybe one back but it definatly is headed in the right direction. I can constantly amaze people how fast you can Google on the regular browser and using the Bolt browser.... sweet.
    I dont understand the Cisco test or results either but my browser is faster than both the freinds i have with IPhones and one with a palm on a quick lookup on google.
    03-02-09 04:30 PM
    the Cisco GIST test tests your connection to and from the Cisco 9000 routers.. so it's obviously not real-world WWW bw..
    03-02-09 05:51 PM
    My browser was slow as **** when I first got my phone. Painfully slow. But now, for some reason it's loading time is about as fast as my home computer. I'm assuming it's because of the OS I'm running, .99.
    03-02-09 06:22 PM
    wow...you can't type h-e-l-l on here??

Seriously?
    03-02-09 06:23 PM
    I use Opera for most browsing and its 10x faster than the BB browser. As a mobile browser some websites won't work properly on it, tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 08:19 PM
    I would question as well if GIST is connecting via TCP or via BIS. BIS may have a speed limitation of some sort that TCP does not.
    03-02-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD