Hi everyone, what is the correct way for placing the Storm inside of the Blackberry pouch with th sleeper magnent. I've been placing it in wit the screen facing out but hvae been told my people that that is the worng way to do it and that the screen should be facing the inside of the pouch. What is the correct way and why? Thank you very much for any help you can provide me with. I appreciate it.
    02-21-09 01:47 AM
    either way is fine as long as your storm goes to sleep. For me my Storm goes into standby either way.
    02-21-09 04:10 AM
    The leather pouch that I have for my Storm seems to have a magnet on either side so it doesn't matter which way around it is.

But I agree with the previous poster - as long as the phone goes to 'sleep' what does it matter?
    02-21-09 05:30 AM
    I gotcha and I do agree with everyone here...as long as it goes to sleep, why does it matter. The only reason i ask is becase some of the people I knowwho already haev the Storm with the sleeper pouch, have told me th put the screen in facing inside because that is the proper way and that is also the way some brochure says to do in inside of the box. Is there a piece of literature that states this though> I've just gotten accustomed to putting iscreen out and i've had no problems at all. What does everyone else here do?
    02-21-09 09:45 AM
    Screen facing inwards is the practical way to put the Storm, or any other touchscreen into a holster. This helps protect the screen from taking a damaging blow while in the holster. Has nothing to do with putting it to sleep. As far as putting the Storm into a pouch, really doesn't matter except for habit. I use both a holster and pouch, depending upon the situation. I always put the Storm screen facing inward. No big deal.
    02-21-09 10:48 AM
    ya know something, i didn't think about that when the phone is in the pouch to even better protect the screen by keeping it facing forwards it vs. outwards. good thinking i'll definitely have to try that that's for sure.lol thanks.
    02-21-09 11:32 AM
    Stupid question but how do you know if the storm is sleeping while in thepouch? Is it kind of like believing that the fridge light goes off when you close the door?
    ya know something, i didn't think about that when the phone is in the pouch to even better protect the screen by keeping it facing forwards it vs. outwards. good thinking i'll definitely have to try that that's for sure.lol thanks.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 01:25 AM
    Stupid question but how do you know if the storm is sleeping while in thepouch? Is it kind of like believing that the fridge light goes off when you close the door?

Lol. Never thought about it like that. It's easier with your bb. You'll see the backlight go off before the screen is completely in the pouch.

02-23-09 01:40 AM
    Lol. Never thought about it like that. It's easier with your bb. You'll see the backlight go off before the screen is completely in the pouch.

So does it basically only turn the screen off? Does it save a lot of battery life? I just got mine so I am going use it all this week to see if I notice a difference. Thanks for the quick response.

02-23-09 01:44 AM
    I think all it does is turn the screen off, and alter your alerts if you have it set to do so. Either way, I've noticed the difference in battery life between pouched and nonpouched. I like to keep it with the screen facing out because of habit and because I keep it on my right side and when I am listening to music it is easier to skip a song when I can do it with my index finger.
    02-23-09 02:29 AM
    Easiest way to check where you have magnets is to hold the case to the back of the BlackBerry. The magnets are beneath the BB logo - also, if the case has two magnets, it will pull together - weakly, but it does it.
    02-23-09 10:39 AM

All other Blackberrys would go into a real sleep mode. Everything dims and it also changes the profile to a holster profile which by default puts every alert on vibrate. So when you take your phone out of the holster or in this case pouch (no pun intended) you will see that the phone is locked
    02-23-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD