tell your friend to use email or mms hehe
    05-10-10 01:38 PM
    Even considering everything I have ******* about, I would not go back to any blackberry of their lineup right now if you paid me to. I am just too used to having a zooming phone that never ***** up.

If it's a choice between paying for exchange mail so I can have push and use the default mail app or dealing with K9 and not getting exchange mail, I'll deal with K9 for now.
    I guess I am glad I'm not addicted to exchange. My phone, and the dozen third party apps on there, don't give me a bit of trouble. I recently took part in an e-scavenger hunt that was basically 3 hours of smartphone ****; constant google maps, browsing, SMSing, calling, taking pictures/videos, and going up and down curbs while smashed on the handlebar of my mountain bike. The storm didn't miss one beat, I was even typing/browsing one handed while pedaling at a few points during the race. It's like I am on another planet or something, I just don't see what everyone complains about. This is my second storm, as well (first one had a bad buzzer.)
    05-10-10 02:14 PM
    I read an article about what the android is lacking (compared to rim and iPhone) and there were only like 2 or three legitimate points, but out of 8 total they were all addressed by 2.2...which we shouldn't have to wait long for. Unlike a rim or Apple update, LOL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 04:16 AM
    I read an article about what the android is lacking (compared to rim and iPhone) and there were only like 2 or three legitimate points, but out of 8 total they were all addressed by 2.2...which we shouldn't have to wait long for. Unlike a rim or Apple update, LOL!

What makes you think the carrier (who has the actual work to do) is going to be any faster releasing the firmware? Just because it came from HTC or Motorola and not from RIM? Android revs have no track record for quick uptake by manufacturers and carriers. Wake me up when the official 2.2 drops for the droid and the incredible, until then you can keep your fancy battery killer.
    06-01-10 08:24 AM
    What makes you think the carrier (who has the actual work to do) is going to be any faster releasing the firmware? Just because it came from HTC or Motorola and not from RIM? Android revs have no track record for quick uptake by manufacturers and carriers. Wake me up when the official 2.2 drops for the droid and the incredible, until then you can keep your fancy battery killer.
    Well, so far VZW hasn't had to fail 90 builds to get one that was so-so like with rim updates. And like I said, better documented, easier to test. Not faster to test, easier. Faster to develop and get the builds to the carrier, yes. Relative to the other two rim and Apple, anyways.

06-01-10 09:07 AM
    patches you have your Inc now i assume? how do you like it?
    06-01-10 05:58 PM
    patches you have your Inc now i assume? how do you like it?
    I am still waiting to hear a single good thing said about the screen on the Incredible by someone who owns one. After comparing the color quality to other phones (even to my Storm 1) I am totally uninterested in getting one now. Maybe they can improve the dithering in the next android release? Here's hoping the next Moto phone that comes out has no keyboard and a big screen with lots of bits of color depth.
    06-02-10 08:05 AM
    um the screen is vivid and crystal clear....i am not sure what your complaints are with it. It nicer that the storm for sure. Only in sunlight does the storm edge it out
    06-02-10 04:06 PM
    um the screen is vivid and crystal clear....i am not sure what your complaints are with it. It nicer that the storm for sure. Only in sunlight does the storm edge it out
    See that's what I don't get; AMOLED was supposed to be so bright as to make the Sun pee it's pants and cry all the way home. On top of that, in comparing the two (incredible vs droid) the lattice effect of the two-subpixel arrangement really annoys me (not to mention the white point out of balance and the inevitable color banding). Maybe it's something that takes some getting used to, but as a photographer I have a hard time enjoying a screen that's not faithful. I would hope that it's something they can fix in software with some improved dithering and better white point control, but until they do there's no way I would even give up my storm for one.
    06-03-10 08:32 AM
    you are comparing a STORM 1 to a new top of the line phone. not really a fair advantage.

the points about email and the unified mailbox are correct for the most part. but you should be BES or BESX for sure. BIS wasnt meant for you.

sound profiles sucks for android, i will give you that.

i wish people would quit beating the dead horse about web browsing. RIM will have webkit soon so until then its pointless to even bring the subject up as we all know the stock browser cant compete with any webkit obviously.

for the rest of the OS experience and the boot ups, storm 2 doesnt need reboots, like ever. and you can run google maps your music and opera with ease.

Honestly i have both devices and i still use my storm 2 more because it does more things like they should be done. the incredible does most of the same things but sometimes you have to sit there and figure out how to make it do it.

i am sure if you had BES and a storm 2 you would have a better experience and comparison
    First off thanks to the OP for a un-biased review of the INC. I do have one question for you though. Since you have both the S2 and the INC which would you rather have? I understand everyone wants something different out of a phone, I have started a thread about what "I" want out of a phone and would like your opinion. I have an opportunity to get a INC or S2 for less than $50 through Verizon right now, I have a INC on order but no ship date (due to the endless shipping issues), even if received I still have 30 days to back out and change my mind. I love BB, and am very unfamiliar with Android OSs but at the same time would enjoy some change. My take on the S2 is basically what the S1 should have been, same functions but backed with the hardware to run smoothly.

Heres the thread - http://forums.crackberry.com/f21/i-h...decide-485209/

Feel free to message me back, I'm not trying to jack the OPs thread but I remember you posting a lot back when I frequented this site, and honestly want your opinion since we're on the subject.

Thanks in advance!
    06-23-10 03:57 PM
    what i am wondering is how or why any businessman would want a touch screen multimedia focused iphone clone/competitor, if their sole purpose for use is business and productivity, like you claim yours to be. If you loved the bb messaging experience (combined inbox), but the storm sucked, why didnt you upgrade to a bold 9650. sounds to me like u want a phone you can show off first, and a messaging/business device second.
    06-28-10 07:10 PM
    I would just like to point out, in a totally off topic fashion, that froyo dropped today. I now have tethering and portable wifi hotspot capabilities for free, something I used to pay $30 a month for with my storm. Did I mention it's free?

Also off topic, Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

06-29-10 11:42 AM
    I would just like to point out, in a totally off topic fashion, that froyo dropped today. I now have tethering and portable wifi hotspot capabilities for free, something I used to pay $30 a month for with my storm. Did I mention it's free?

Also off topic, Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

Yeah but you don't get the privilege of using the nations largest, most expensive 3g network! Pity thee...
    06-29-10 04:05 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD